The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
The second unit has particle board shelves. Particle board and water? Not a really good combination.

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
The second unit has particle board shelves. Particle board and water? Not a really good combination.
The second unit won't hold the weight anyway. I put a 29 in one of the lower shelves and had to get pieces of 2 x 6 and screw them in the bottom. Also a piece of all tread to prevent the metal bracket from twisting. They only work for small tanks. 5 gals and 2.5 gal.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Thanks for the input on the shelves.. What about that first unit that is all metal? Would it hold, or would the weight make it twist?

Here are some updates

Friday process, all wiring (beside lighting for shelves), all flooring and some panel.
DSCF1736.jpg
DSCF1739.jpgDSCF1738.jpg

Today's work. Almost all panel up. The white string is from the light cord.

DSCF1743.jpgDSCF1746.jpgDSCF1745.jpgDSCF1744.jpg

It's giving rain for tomorrow, don't know if we'll get the rest of the panel up.. Trim work to come in the next few weeks.

But back to the shelving units. I was hoping to find something beside making it all from 2x4s. Mainly because I don't know how long it would take my hubby to do some shelves the way they need to be. Still may have to go that route though.

DSCF1736.jpg DSCF1739.jpg DSCF1738.jpg DSCF1743.jpg DSCF1746.jpg DSCF1745.jpg DSCF1744.jpg

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
Is a good unit and they are sold in pieces if you like to put 2 together. I would put foam insulation sheets under the tanks because is a metal grid and you want full contact on the bottom of the tank. They are expensive tho.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I have photos that I'll upload tomorrow.. We are done at the moment just need to do the trim.

So I need to start looking and getting an air pump for my central system.. I'm having a hard time to decide what one I should get. I'm not going with a blower style, just a large air pump. I want something to run between 20-30 tanks. Not sure how many I'll get into the building but I figure that would be a good number to go by.

Any suggestions on what brands too look at? There are some I've looked into and I thought I had my mind set on one, figure I best double check everything before I buy.

I want to place an order in this week for one, since we are going to try to finish the trim this coming weekend.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
alita or jehmco.

I have one of each (one is a backup).

My advice is whichever you choose, pick up the rebuild kit with it as if it fails for any reason in the future, you should have teh parts available to fix it.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Ok all panel up, trim left to do. As you can see with the ceiling we have some gaps between panels, that we will trim too. My hubby wasn't able to use the finishing nails with the ceiling panels and had to use another type of nail, but I'm hoping with wider trim we'll cover those nail heads, but it really isn't an issue to have them show. Just look nicer. lol

DSCF1754.jpgDSCF1752.jpgDSCF1751.jpgDSCF1749.jpgDSCF1750.jpgDSCF1755.jpgDSCF1757.jpgDSCF1748.jpg

DSCF1754.jpg DSCF1752.jpg DSCF1751.jpg DSCF1749.jpg DSCF1750.jpg DSCF1755.jpg DSCF1757.jpg DSCF1748.jpg

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Looking at an air pump but having a hard time trying to figure up about many many outlets it would go for.. Some help on this matter. Here is the one I was looking at.

http://www.kensfish.com/product1405.html

and this one too

http://www.kensfish.com/product3467.html

The coralife I can get a used one from a friend, used for only a month just wanted to see if it would work before I got it. I figure on it for a back up, if it was big enough to do 20-30 tanks..

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
the first one says it for 12 outlets when you do a google search for it. The second one I have used to run about 6-10 small tanks.

the nice thing about the jehmco that I linked to is that its indoor/outdoor. You could build a box outside to run the air through the wall so that there is less noise in your fishroom.

I think the two you linked to are too small for your applications.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store