Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
[AC] Star-Crossed;2750378 said:
Can you translate that to English for us non-witchy folks?
It is in English, you will have to take from it what you can ;)

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750350 said:
The other thing that really stuck out to me was HIIQ jumping in and out like he/she did right in the middle of things getting good and not even saying a word about it. Something about the timing and the fact that in two posts, HIIQ couldn't be bothered to give us anything else to go on.
Forgot to ask...could you please point to where these "two posts" of HI IQ's are?

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
[AC] Doomsday998;2750421 said:
Well first off, Driver is a known dead innocent so their vote doesn't really incriminate them at all. Second, the only one that actually made anything out of Tree's vote on Wiz was Cnote. So unless that's the person you think came to Wiz's aid then I don't see how anything the others could have said would be considered protecting Wiz.

I really wish Driver would have been around to answer my question as to whether they were aware of the Wiz/Tree voting thingy. Otherwise I think it still stands that of those that voted Tree really only one of them had a definite issue with Tree's vote on Wiz, when their respective votes were placed. Again, that would have been Cnote.

So really I don't see how your statement "someone really got caught up in some emotion here" could apply to the two that threw joke/random votes at Tree. Why even consider wing? I don't see any "emotion" in that regard.
I'm ok with it that you didn't get my point. Don't worry, I won't hold it against you. I haven't really made my argument yet, but thanks for the pre-game version of it. I put out a couple of very basic thoughts and you ran with that to assume what you will. I'll make my case when I'm ready.

ps... if you had really read my post, you would have noticed that I said "one of the other TWO is evil". You see, I had caught up (also stated in the post) and knew that driver was innocent. That's why it wasn't "the other THREE".

[AC] Doomsday998;2750423 said:
Forgot to ask...could you please point to where these "two posts" of HI IQ's are?
I have two ansers for this:

Answer A: Well, he's made 4 posts total up to this point. I'm going to let you use your god given git for sorting out the truth in a situation to figure out which two I may be referring to.

Answer B: Not right now. I've had an incredibly long day and I'm tired. I'll be back around tomorow (probably early afternoon) to try and make some sense of things.

Personally, I like answer A better.

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
I saw the "other two" part but I don't understand why you'd even include Driver's quote in there. Their role is known, after all. Seems rather useless to even consider their post at all...especially given the reason.

Regardless, it doesn't seem worth considering why one or the other (ie. wing or Cnote) reacted with "emotion" when only one of the two even voted Tree in response to their vote on Tree. If you're going to float that idea out there then the only logical conclusion was that it was Cnote. Unless you're gathering from wing's vote about Tree being a hypocrite that they (wing) were trying to defend Wiz? LMAO.

I realize that HI IQ has only 4 posts, which is why I could only imagine that the two you were referring to were 1) their vote and 2) their corrected vote. But I thought that I should ASK and not ASSUME. Now, it would be nice if you could clarify why those posts stuck out to you that would be nice. I thought you might extrapolate on that when I asked, but apparently not...I'm curious why you pointed out their posts, specifically.

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] Doomsday998;2750441 said:
I saw the "other two" part but I don't understand why you'd even include Driver's quote in there. Their role is known, after all. Seems rather useless to even consider their post at all...especially given the reason.

Regardless, it doesn't seem worth considering why one or the other (ie. wing or Cnote) reacted with "emotion" when only one of the two even voted Tree in response to the vote by Tree. If you're going to float that idea out there then the only logical conclusion was that it was Cnote. Unless you're gathering from wing's vote about Tree being a hypocrite that they (wing) were trying to defend Wiz? LMAO.

I realize that HI IQ has only 4 posts, which is why I could only imagine that the two you were referring to were 1) their vote and 2) their corrected vote. But I thought that I should ASK and not ASSUME. Now, it would be nice if you could clarify why those posts stuck out to you that would be nice. I thought you might extrapolate on that when I asked, but apparently not...I'm curious why you pointed out their posts, specifically.
fixed

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
Huh well that does suck. And an unexplained death to boot. .

[AC] Tree_Hugger;2750298 said:
I retract my vote on the wizard and vote to burn Driver 8 at the stake.

This is to tie the vote up. I hope the whatever happens, something is learned from this. I guess voting for someone not using an alias was bad as they are a good player and has many friends playing. I am not sure what that has to do with the game, maybe it will be explained later.
Normally you'd have to start here but then if I read correctly Tree Hugger was on three votes so this was their only chance to save themselves.

One question is whether there were two innocents up, Driver and Tree Hugger or not.

My instinct is that if Tree Hugger is a witch they would have preferred someone else to nail it onto Driver, and even that they would not have let it be a tie, so there would have been much more scummy activity to fully save Tree Hugger from the lynch - losing one on the first night is a disaster for them. That's not me saying Tree Hugger is an innocent I'm just putting the vote on Driver in context.

Next thing I will look at will be Maelstrom's post. They took Maelstrom either because he or she was spotted as a good player worth killing, or because of something that they were saying. If it was something they were saying the question is why kill them - normally so that the town will pursue any suspects or line of enquiry which Maelstrom was saying. Its a bit early in the game to be double bluffing.

I'll be on later but out for a while now.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
Posting a second time to avoid editing. My other thoughts on how Day 1 can be read is that the scummy ones usually provoke some kind of row between a couple of them and throw some mud in each other's way, so that they can later point to it as establishing innocence if one the mud slingers gets the lynch. Unless done very well it looks a bit scripted.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
Sorry this is actually my final post for a while. Vote count from last night :-

Vote count

Narwhal-(1)-Hammer
Chupa-(1)-Wizard
Rickets-(1)Chupa
Wizard-(1)-Tree, Fire
Tree-(3)- Wingnut, C-note, Driver
Mael-(2)- Gunslinger, Rickets
Dooms-(1)-HiIQ
Gun-(2)-Narwhal, Scoop
Driver-(3)-Star, Nem, Tree
Wingnut-(2)-BadHaggis, UhOh
HIIQ-(1)-Dooms
C-note-(0)-Mael

No vote- Tib

15 minutes till nightfall.....PM's as required
Fire-(0)-Nem
Nem-(1)Mael
For Tree to be scum, that would have to mean, I think, that I am and so is Star.

That's based on my thinking that if they were facing a lynch on the first night they would never be happy to leave it as a tie, but if me, Tree and Star are scum, then there was nothing else 'we' could do because Star and me were already on Driver.

If there was a witch in the firing line I believe there would have been a lot more activity to get them out of trouble.

My thinking above, (me, Tree and Star are witches) would also mean that the watches are a team of three and no more which I dunno seems maybe a little low, or that if there are more they don't have good communication with at least one member.

Also, presume your perfect witch plan has none of them on the innocent to be lynched and that they would have to be pretty unlucky to end up with a witch in the firing line on the first day.

Based on this I'm inclined to lean Tree Hugger innocent. I also have the mildest leaning of Wing-nut and C-Note as innocent, if Tree is in fact innocent, based on the idea that the scum team don't usually have to pile on an innocent on the first day - the town does this for them. Also if Tree was a witch and Wing-nut or C-Note were, they would not have let Tree go to a tie by keeping their vote on Tree - they would at least have switched off and onto someone else if not Driver.

Taking this a step further, you could make a similar comment about any player whose vote was not already on Driver, that they could have switched onto Driver to save Tree from a tie.

As I type this out and think it through I'm inclined towards the view that Tree is probably innocent.

This doesn't take into account use of a spell last night - the one with the voting power doubled if I recall correctly. I'll be going back to read the rules again to see if we would have been told about that in some way.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
Ok read that and it doesn't say we would be told. On balance I think it highly unlikely that the warlock would use a spell on Day 1 with everything so unclear, assuming the warlock is pro town and wins with the town, which is how I read the role.

[AC] BadHaggis

We Are...
Mar 20, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
www.instablogsimages.com
Real Name
Anonymous
[AC] Star-Crossed;2750378 said:
Can you translate that to English for us non-witchy folks?
the herbalist is the only PR that can perform a protection. there's only one invest in and the herbalist is in communication with the prophet, so either they found another townie they've chosen to protect or the prophet has protection tonight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store