Kiddie Pool and Stock Tank Ponds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Briggadane sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep me in the loop.

Pool1-1 The Orchard Endlers are doing what orchard Endlers do eat, swim, breed, eat, swim, breed, breed, breed, breed-You get the idea? I started with less than 20 brooder females and have well over 300 fish now. I am also seeing a good number of Blond Orchard fry so I should have a good amount by the end of the season. I have spotted a few Least Killie fry and multiple sunset platy fry from the traps. The paleatus corys are growing like weeds!

P1-2 The Black Bar Endlers are right behind the Orchards. My Black Bar females tend to be smaller than female Orchards, but they throw fry like the Orchards. In this pool I have at least 300 Endlers after starting with less than 20 brooder females. Here again, I have multiple Blond Black Bar fry so the supply chair marches onward! I have spotted just a few Least Killie fry. I have recently started to spot Swordtail fry and I believe the screwy weather is the cause of their breeding slowdown. Special Thanks To FishCrazy for helping with the swordtrails end of this project. The Anues Corys are growing nicely as well.

P2 The big pool is the main Least Killie pool and I have observed upward of 30 fry. The Orchard Endlers have dropped a few batches of fry and they number around 75. The crayfish are growing and I anticipate at least one spawn out of each of them before the end of the season.

Vat-1 125gal. This vat is the Chilli Endler production tank. I have observed somewhere between 125-150 Endlers and several Blond Chillis as well. The Least Killies are doing well and I observed about 20 or more fry.

Vat-2 175gal. This vat got started late and I just took some of my Oddball males and odds and ends female and tossed them in. For some reason I have had a lot of folks purchase Oddball male groups. I have two people who bought some then came back and bought a lot of them. I hear they blow the color roof off a display tank.

Note: P-1-3 suffered a catastraphic structural failure and could not be saved. I may set up a new pool in the next week or two.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
UPDATE:

I've been slacking. The fish haven't been slacking.

P1-1 The ORchard Endlers are still dropping fry and I guesstimate approximately 350-375. I've noticed a few Least Killies likely not more than 20-25. The Plays must of got tired watching the Endlers breeding and they have been on a tear. It looks like there are at least 30 fry.

P1-2 The BlackBars have hit the gas breeding and there are at least 400 now. The Least Kiliies have only showed up here and there so there are a few. The Swords are really going slow with only one fry drop recorded. I'm sure there are more and I'm just not seeing them. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. The corys have spawned once, but I have no idea if any of he eggs or fy survive.

P2 - The Least Killies and really starting o breed know. I estimate at least 50-60. The Orchards are dropping fry and there are at least 50. The crayfish have bred and there are at least 100 of them in there.

Vat-1 -The Chilli Endlers are breeding nicely and there are at last 200 of them. There are some Least Killies at least 25 of them.

Vat -2 -The Oddball Endlers are starting t drop fry again and there are likely 150 now. There are a good number of tadpoles starting to morph so they should be gone soon. Another bumper crop for the Tree Frogs.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
UPDATE:

I' out of town but as of the time I left here is the report:

P1-1 Orchads approximately 400, Platys approximately 60, LK's 30-40.

P1-2 Black Bar approximately 450, Swords 20 (Giant dissapointment).

P2- LK's 60-75, Orchards 75-100, Crayfish 200

Vat-1 Sprang a leak but limping along with 100-150 Chillis and 30 - 40 LK's.

Vat-2 Odd balls, unknown after a massive rain storm we may have, we did, lose some. Likely 100-125

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I'm Back!!! Sorry, life has been happening.

First off sorry for dropping off the face of earth. I will likely post once or twice more with a final wrap up in 3-5 weeks. Much has changed so here goes. The weather has just kept going from super hot (96-101f) to way too cold (65-52f) at night. These poo fish hae seen it all and some were impacted greatly while others it did not bother a bit.

P1-1 I've been harvesting and so far have approximately 750 Orchard Endlers, 80 Platys, 22 LKs and have not found any cory fry yet. Keep in mind the corys I added were about 2/3" and now are pushing a good 1 1/2". I still have approximatey 25 Platys and likely 200-250 Orchard Endlers. This weekend I'll remove the brooder Platys and put them up for sale. I also have a ton of Ramshorn snails.

P1-2 I've just started harvesting this pool and have removed 500 what should have been Black Bar Endlers. These appear more a cross between Orchards and Black Bars. There are at least 500-600 more Endlers in the pool. I have seen about 25-30 Swordtail fry and am very dissappointed in their lack of production. I now know why it happened, but you have to wait and read the wrap up. The albino Corys do not appear to have bred. I have found a couple of nice LKs. I have a ton of Pond and Ramshorn snails.

P-2 Well I have been pulling fish fom there as well and have gotten 50 LKs, 250 Orchards / Green Endlers and 35 crayfish. What is left you ask? Well likely 60-80 Lks, 100-150 Endlers and 200-225 crayfish.

Vat-1 The Chilli Endlers were slow starters and have only produced approximately 250-300 fry. I have already harvested 150 as people are asking for Chillis. The LKs were slow as well and there maybe 50 more in there. More on that in the final wrap up.

V-2 has produced a good number of fish considering it was set up 2 months after the others. There are approximately 200-225 Oddball Endlers in there.

I'm make myself update after or during this weekend. If you're interested in purchasing any of these fish just drop a note on this thread for a discount. I have a ton of information to share once the fish are harvested and I can regroup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store