getting out of the hobby for awhile :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
LOL...that didn't last long. Already talking about getting back in with a 29g. :hitting:

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, I am kind of at a low right now with my tanks. They are clean and everything but I dont just sit down and watch them. Other than on sundays when I wake up my bettas tank is already lit up and he is swimming around waiting for food. I normally lay in bed and watch him for 5-10min sometimes. I would like to get a single bigger tank like a 36 bowfront or a 29g. And make it my main and only tank. But I dont have room for one anywhere that I can think of. Plus I wouldnt give up my betta. I doubt that my betta would get along with the guppies or neons in the 10g. MAYBE the cory but I wouldnt risk it. After the fish in the 10g pass away (probably not for a while though) and if steve is still alive, I will put him in the 10 and move it to my room and get some shrimp and snails to go along with him. But I would keep the 5g hex for college because it is so low maintenance and looks pretty good if you decorate it right. Plus it is really quiet. The only noise is from the water going into the bio wheel and then falling out of it. It is pretty much silent if I take the bio wheel out.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
lol

footballfan

AC Members
Jul 14, 2006
Kentucky
Hang on to your tank in case you change your mind.I have a couple tanks in storage that I may set up in the future.Hope that you will still post on aquariacentral and give advice.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
or i may just do a 29 with 4 yellow labs 4 red zebras and 4 cabolt blues or atleast two of differnt species.. what you all think?
This is why you are burning out.

Stop changing tanks and stocking. Pick a single tank, stocking and setup and stick with it for a while. The startup phase is the funnest part of the hobby, but also the easiest to burn through quickly and lose interest in if overdone.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Good luck! I've also had my periods of downtown, usually when I'm extremely busy. I realized though that my fish tanks keep me sane at night when doing homework.. or distracted? IDK. BOTH ARE GOOD :hihi:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store