new 20 gal. long in S.E. PA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ponyhead

Registered Member
Jul 19, 2009
Hi, there!

I currently have a Betta for about a year in a 1.75 gallon Marineland tank. It's developed a slow leak on the bottom from the heater I used over the winter, so I purchased a 20-gallon long.

I'll be setting it up soon and am looking to add lots of live plants. What kind of fish will co-habitate with my betta? I'm thinking of cories or botias.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
:welcome: to AC!

I moved your thread here so you can gather more responses as quickly as possible.

In regards to your stocking plans, corydoras will work just fine, so will kuhli loaches. I would advise against getting the loaches of the botiine genus. Many species in this genus are quite feisty, too active and need plenty of space that a 20g is not sufficient enough. Besides these, they tend to nip long-finned tankmates. That's not an option if you want a betta in your tank.

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
Check out my sig. I got a nice Betta in there who has never been nipped at or ever flares at his tank mates.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
About the only loaches you could have in a 20 gal. are kuhlis and sids.
I would stay away from sids with a betta though. I used to have a few and I think they would stress a betta out with all their activity. Kuhlis would be awesome though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store