OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY ABN GAVE BIRTH AND FRY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
k;)

wow! that is a long time:( can i sell them earlier?
thx

i have seen my LFS selling like 3/4" ones for $5 each and the regular 1" ones for $8;)

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
People usually like buying at the 1 inch size but not sure. I think it's safer to sell at that size as shipping younger is a little risky.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
They probably won't ship well until about 3/4 of an inch, but I would wait until more like an inch to be safe. Congrats on the fry! :)

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Congrats. I had to separate my males (2) and females (2) to get them to stop breeding. After back to back spawns and over 100 fry, I figure that I had plenty of fry. I put mine in a 5.5 with a sponge filter, and all seems OK. Good luck.

Dan

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Cool, thanks you guys!:)

@sora1600 and @homedog98, yeah, that is what i thought, i would start shipping then;) maybe i'll see on CL:)

@vanillarum thanks!

also, so it seems that the fry seem to be gathering into little groups together..........idk why;)

like i have 17 of them in the back corner, 7 of them under the little pot(not the one they hatched in), 1 in the little pot, 12 under the large pot(the one the eggs hatched in), and like 40 inside with the daddy, except he might be covering them, but idk;)

i just have a whisper 20 with the flow rate to medium running currently with a sponge covering an intake.......

except u, vanillarum have tons of plecos:) i wish i had that many breeding setups or those plecos!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Cool, thanks you guys!:)

@sora1600 and @homedog98, yeah, that is what i thought, i would start shipping then;) maybe i'll see on CL:)

@vanillarum thanks!

also, so it seems that the fry seem to be gathering into little groups together..........idk why;)

like i have 17 of them in the back corner, 7 of them under the little pot(not the one they hatched in), 1 in the little pot, 12 under the large pot(the one the eggs hatched in), and like 40 inside with the daddy, except he might be covering them, but idk;)

i just have a whisper 20 with the flow rate to medium running currently with a sponge covering an intake.......

except u, vanillarum have tons of plecos:) i wish i had that many breeding setups or those plecos!
hmmm i would think all the fry would stick together, but the only fry ive seen are my cutteri and they stick by there mommie and daddy.

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Any pictures??? :D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
wats ur water specs?
i didn't check as i used 2G RO which has a pH of 6.4 and 8G of the original tank water which has a pH of 7.2
ammonia- 0ppm
nitrates-5ppm
nitrites-0ppm

Any pictures??? :D
yeah, i took a ton;), i actually got a super nice close up of the fry.....will post in 10 min

I'd also post an add on aquabid... Then you can knock out like 7-10 at a time.
yeah, ;) thx. Yeah, but i hate shipping unless express and nobody pays for express unless its for cichlids like discus etc.

pics up soon! :mwave:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store