Khemul's 120 Gallon Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I like that engineer but is it a love/hate relationship?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It is between the two of them :laugh:. One day they like each other, next they are fighting.

For me, not really. I have set up the rock work so that they can't hurt anything, although one of them is missing part of its tail from testing that theory. They don't really bury anything important since I know from the beginning not to keep important stuff around potential burrows (they have a specific pattern so you can predict where they may set up shop).

Plus half the tank is burrowers. The sand bed changes shape every few days.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Well it seems when things happen in saltwater tanks they get a bit of a momentum behind them. At least it seems to be slowing down now though. The Ich seems to now be isolated to a single Staghorn Damsel, with a minor outbreak on the remaining Staghorn.

Unfortunately it did take a toll on the tank. The clowns came out fine. But a Staghorn Damsel and the Valentini puffer didn't make it. The Valentini didn't take treatment well (puffers and copper are a bit tricky to begin with). The Staghorn just went missing (since I couldn't trap them to get them out) and is presumed dead. My Starry Blenny has also gone missing and is presumed dead. Not sure if I can attribute that to Ich or something else, since he seemed healthy one day and missing the next. To add to that mystery, the Bar Gobies got wiped out somehow. Saw one out in the last couple weeks and that looked half-starved, then even that one stopped coming out. Not sure what got to them but by now they are being written off since I haven't seen one even poke its head out in the last week.

But on the good side, things seem to be calming down and balancing out again.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sorry about the run of issues but very happy to hear things getting better. Why can't good things ever gain momentum :)?

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Sorry about the run of issues but very happy to hear things getting better. Why can't good things ever gain momentum :)?
I think technically when it comes to saltwater the good momentum is considered the tank not crashing. :laugh:

Still have the sergeant-majors in qt until we decide if we want to keep them or not. One of the stores around here has a shark display with schools of them. Pretty fish but not sure giant damsels are a good idea in the long run.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Refugium at least is doing well...

Freshwater planted tank....

Saltwater refugium....

Not sure which one has more plant-life. Although in fairness to the refugium it is currently housing a baby sea hare so it is at a bit of a disadvantage. And I did just harvest quite a bit from there. It was getting a bit overgrown. :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
FW planted looking good.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Khemul, do you have a thread on the planted system? I may be setting one up again relatively soon...
Sort of. There is a picture thread for my freshwater setups. Not a lot happens with them so there isn't a whole lot in there though (although now that I think about it, not sure I updated the thread when I gutted the system). Think I have the link in my signature, otherwise it should be under my created threads.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store