redoing my 20 gallon.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
hmm i think i will go with 20 or less cardinals with 8 female bettas.could this work?i can do 2 10 gallon water changes a week and i have 90 gallons of filter.and A BUNCH of plants and still getting more when ever i can.oh yeah i also will have the bull dog pleco and the ram.

Last edited:

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
yeah i think i will do some research.i know a bit about them,researched them before for another tank but decided no.i think that buying them all young females at the same time will help.so i am gonna up date the tank stock thoughts for everyone else.

this is a 20 gallon high i think.24 inches long.i have a penguin bio wheel filter 150 and a penguin bio wheel filter 200.
the stock is gonna go like this i hope.20 cardinals 8 female bettas 1 bulldog pleco,and 1 electric blue ram.
i do 2 10 gallon water changes a week.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok i am having 2nd thoughts about the cardinals.they cost more,they are old,and they are not hardy.i think.i am not sure which one would be best cardinals,zebra danios,neons,glo light tetras,or red eye tetras.
my favs are zebras and red eye tetras.

Last edited:

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Zebra Danios need more space then 24" as they are very active fish. Cardinals are very hardy and yes they are pricey but it depends on the area you're in. Glo Lights, Black Neons, Rummynose, Red-Eye, Embers and Neons, it just depends on the source.When looking at fish check each tank for illness, like fungus, ich, sickly looking fish, and if its in one tank of one system... the whole system as it, meaning don't buy from that systems!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I have a mix of cardinals and neons in my 34g and they've survived through a barrage of treatments in this tank. They are hardy small fish. I've had them for year and a half. I'm also redoing my 20 long and now have 15 neons in it. They are doing well too.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok i am sorta wondering if this would be stupid to do.15 cardinals or 15red eye tetras,8 female bettas,1 bulldog pleco,1electric blue ram and um..a ..male betta?i know that is VERY VERY VERY RISKY.i can add a bunch more things for them to hide in but i do have a lot of plant cover.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store