Arapaima Pond Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Thats a big pond for a big fish lol. Very impressive so far, and it's not even finished.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
thanks for the comment FishFriend1, did a little bit today. Sand and protective layer is in.
Tomorrow it will be pumping out some of the water and then straighten out the liner, roll it out to the other side and silicone the bottom-drain in I hope.
Wait till Thursday and then test-fill it. Will also have the 2nd Dome painted tomorrow, so Friday that one can go in.
If the first test fill goes well, then slowly further fill it and wait.
All works out, then saturday finish filling at 70-80% and also silicone the skimmer in.
Connect that one to the settling-tank and have it all drying before starting to look at realistic schedules for switching on pumps and let it run for a while for testing.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
see, with me, I've been trying to set up a pond like that for years. Never made it past the planning stage lol. You, you plan, you work, you make it happen. May I ask why you need to straiten out the liner? (I'm thinking like flatten it to the bottom or something?)

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
see, with me, I've been trying to set up a pond like that for years. Never made it past the planning stage lol. You, you plan, you work, you make it happen. May I ask why you need to straiten out the liner? (I'm thinking like flatten it to the bottom or something?)
Lol. Not a fair comparison... I was forced to plan, work and make it happen remember? I am sure you would stamp that pond out of the ground wickedly fast if a big beautiful fish came swimming into your life...
I have this tiny little pond beside my house, and for the last year been looking and planning to turn the flowerbed next to it (empty, bare soil) into an extension of the pond...nothing happened so far even though it's very little work.

For the liner, straighten out, during filling, slowly taking out the folds and wrinkles by pulling sides a bit and readjusting it continuously.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Lol. Not a fair comparison... I was forced to plan, work and make it happen remember? I am sure you would stamp that pond out of the ground wickedly fast if a big beautiful fish came swimming into your life...
I have this tiny little pond beside my house, and for the last year been looking and planning to turn the flowerbed next to it (empty, bare soil) into an extension of the pond...nothing happened so far even though it's very little work.

For the liner, straighten out, during filling, slowly taking out the folds and wrinkles by pulling sides a bit and readjusting it continuously.
*wishes some relative or another would drop off a 3ft koi so he had to make a pond for it* :)

Ah, so it is sorta like what I was thinking, but completely opposite lol. Smooth the bottom so that there aren't wrinkles. Makes sense, I was confused lol.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Finished the 2nd drain, tomorrow some more painting of the dome and filling up the pond to about 10cm above the second drain. Then another anxious wait to see if all is ok.
If ok, then Friday we'll fill up more. Praying it will get to 70% easily and then open up the tanks to get the settling tank process running.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
why all the waiting luc!?!?!?!? You're a bad forummer, do all the work now and take lots of pictures!!!!!

:banhim:

Lol just joking....looks amazing so far dude, props to you for actually getting a shovel in your hands and digging, its so easy to spend your whole life planning amazing projects instead of doing them. I'm excited to see Mr. T in his new digs, you just have to make sure to get us photofiles some pictures and video :D

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Lol, FozzyBear, most of the digging and heavy lifting is done by my staff...I do some, but sure not all..
got some pics of yesterday, will post them later..

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Your picture links are not working for me Luc. Just FYI. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store