Cheech's 90 g. build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
loving your new setup,very sweet! How is it working out for you,did you have to make drains bigger for faster flow,or did you dial down your return pump?Because of this thread I have so many ideas going through my head with my setup.Between you cheech,amph and ace you guys rock.I bow my head to you three!
Thank you for the kind words. For the flow, I did have to dial it down using the vales you see on the pics. With no restriction, while the drains can still handle it, the flow wasn't constant. Water would overflow the drain, and then it would drain all at once, creating a rumbling type of effect. If you ever look into doing a similar setup, i would suggest using 2" drains rather than 1-1/2".

Looks cool. What is that creature?
It's called a rhizotrochus typus. It's a deeper water coral, not dependant on light, and needs to be fed on occasion.. Really cool to look at! It's got sticky tentecles. When feeding, hermit crabs quickly try to get a piece of the shrimp. When they get too close, the coral will try to pull in the crab. They quickly get the point and run off.

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
Like a Tim Taylor would say pointing on something supersized, "Oh, ho-ho, ho-ho. ho-ho!!!" :)

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
Good job on the setup my friend. Everything is looking fantastic and wish I had a budget to get something like that.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
WOW..OH...WOW!!!! LOVIN IT CHEECH, you've done a awesome job!!!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
^^^ Saturday!

I installed my reactor and my auto-topoff.

Got my acrylic rods, and on Saturday I'll be working on my first attempt at a decent looking rock structure.

I also finally got my lighting. I purchased a maxspect G2 160 LED lighting.

looks really perty, now let's hope it does the job. This is the 160 watt unit, which apparently does a great job with pretty much any coral I'll be placing in the tank. Colors are quite nice too.
Nice thing about the maxspect models is that the LEDs are easily replaceable, and they're coming out with some nice colors, to make some interesting lighting displays.

I should have some pics ready by Saturday night.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I just took a picture of my auto-topoff.

I got a solenoid valve that is on a timer to turn on for an hour a day. Water goes into that top container. When it gets too high, the float valve will stop water from draining into the sump.

I have a float valve in the sump as well, so I can always be sure that water drips into the sump only when there is any missing, at a slow rate.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
^^^ Saturday!

I installed my reactor and my auto-topoff.

Got my acrylic rods, and on Saturday I'll be working on my first attempt at a decent looking rock structure.

I also finally got my lighting. I purchased a maxspect G2 160 LED lighting.

looks really perty, now let's hope it does the job. This is the 160 watt unit, which apparently does a great job with pretty much any coral I'll be placing in the tank. Colors are quite nice too.
Nice thing about the maxspect models is that the LEDs are easily replaceable, and they're coming out with some nice colors, to make some interesting lighting displays.

I should have some pics ready by Saturday night.
Pics! Must have pics with these fired up!

*and here you thought I'd let that slide, lol*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store