75g Oddball Plan

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
It's been 3 months since my 75g catastrophe and I've decided to get a Black Ghost Knifefish. I want some other oddballs and plan to be very selective. So far I've seriously considered Silver Dollars and/ or Hatchetfish. Also considering a Senegal Bichir. The big boys would be the focus and schooling fish would add movement. All I need is a splash of color, which I'm leaning heavily toward Swordtails. The BGK is the only definite so feel free to comment. As you can tell, I'm in no hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Have you heard of elephant noses?its a really cool fish and they like to be in groups so the more the merrier. But ive heard the can be hard to keep. As for a schooling fish, maybe some congo tetras because they do get pretty big ( about 3 inches) and would add a splash of color.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
You could keep a medium spiny eel, like a peacock eel with a black ghost. They'll both eat frozen bloodworms and other small frozen or live foods. A ropefish (bichir) will work as well.

Mark

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
I was going to suggest the Ctenopoma spedies they are like little mini datnoids. I have heard of them being succesfully kept with a lot of different fish.
How about Nandus?

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
Got the BKG and Senegal Bichir 2 weeks ago; really cool. Both are eating but I noticed a small white spot on the ghost just below his left pectoral fin. Don't know what it could be. He's not still enough for a good look so I'll keep monitoring its behavior. Picked up a school of Colombian Blue Tetras for some movement. They're not oddballs but I'm having a hard time finding the perfect fit.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Sounds great! Glad it's coming together. Any news on the bgk?

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
Tank isn't picture ready but definitely shaping up. The BGK is a real character; I've had one before so no surprise there. The Bichir and Rainbow Shark are loners each exploring different areas. The school of tetras, though not oddballs, seem to fit. Now I'm beginning to wonder if adding the Ctenopoma is necessary. I could get 5 or 6 more tetras and be done. I know I chose 2 monsters and once they reach adulthood the tetras may become food. I hope not due to their shape so why add another potential predator?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store