The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
The blocks are going to be filled with concrete. Or I should say they are already and steel drove through them into the ground. As far as the way they were cut, it was either cut it that way or have 4 inches hanging off.

I understand the concerns and I have them myself. But I'm the one that will be working/living with it. So if it does start to fall apart, you all can say I told you so. Until then, I'll stop making the man mad at me and just be glad it's getting done. In the words of my hubby, I'm not building a house here. (that's want he said to me as I talked about some concerns I had)

I just wanted to share the process of the building getting put up.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Congrats on the fish room!! I am incredibly envious! I would love to be able to breed on wide scale. Nothing like seeing those little fry swimming around!! Keep the updates coming!

I'm also interested in how your central system will be set-up.

Last edited:

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
As far as the way they were cut, it was either cut it that way or have 4 inches hanging off.
Or just have the walls' dimensions be equal to whole blocks. That would actually seem to be easier, since there wouldn't be the need for the extra work of cutting the blocks to fit.

Oh, and yes, you *are* building a house, just not one intended for people.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I used one of those on a small scale. It ran 10 sponges. Talk to the people at jehmco (jehmco.com). They were very helpful. They were out of the one I wanted so gave me the next size up for same price. They generally get rave reviews from people on other forums I belong to. That would seem to be the easiest as far as filtration...what about water changes.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I much prefer an air driven system as it allows you to keep different parameters in different tanks as well as if anythign gets sick, it does not spread to other tanks.

I got my alita al80 pump from kensfish, I also have a jehmco indoor/outdoor pump rated for 30 or 40 tanks.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I saw that band with another guys fish room when I was searching. I think he ran 30 tanks with it, and a still bleed it into a water storage tank. It may be a good one.

I still got lots of time before I'll be setting up tanks. So I keep doing my research on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store