Some random pics..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Thanks guys!

Nope still 4xT5s and the single panorama strip. That's what I am struggling with now is whether or not I want to upgrade my lighting. Considering AI Sol Blue or a 6 bulb ATI Sunpower. I'm not looking for more PAR, just improved (or more options for) color spectrums. I don't like the look of a 10k to 12K T5 bulbs (even 1 mixed in with my other 3 bluer bulbs) but I also don't like being stuck with a bluer tank all the time. I do like LEDs but the more I see them in person, the more I am talking myself out of them. With a 6 bulb T5, I figure I can add a 10-12K bulb with 4 Blue+ and something like a superactinic and be much happier. Of course that means 6 bulbs to replace each year as opposed to the 4 I have now or none if I went all LED :).

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Build your own! Lol, that's what I'll be doing for my 180. Just found out my lfs with be a dealer for rapidled products!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Thanks guys!

Nope still 4xT5s and the single panorama strip. That's what I am struggling with now is whether or not I want to upgrade my lighting. Considering AI Sol Blue or a 6 bulb ATI Sunpower. I'm not looking for more PAR, just improved (or more options for) color spectrums. I don't like the look of a 10k to 12K T5 bulbs (even 1 mixed in with my other 3 bluer bulbs) but I also don't like being stuck with a bluer tank all the time. I do like LEDs but the more I see them in person, the more I am talking myself out of them. With a 6 bulb T5, I figure I can add a 10-12K bulb with 4 Blue+ and something like a superactinic and be much happier. Of course that means 6 bulbs to replace each year as opposed to the 4 I have now or none if I went all LED :).
I'll tell you one thing, a few weeks ago my LED lighting had a problem and while being repaired at the store I put back my old 24" T5 lighting. Looked better (imo). more natural. I might have to remove some blues from my LEDs but as it is now the colors are way too blue for my liking.

Another question about feeding. Do you feed when lights are on forcing your corals to open or will you wait till night time when they're already looking to feed? I usually feed while lights are on, starting with some cyclop-eeze . 10 minutes later my bubble coral, brains, etc. have extended their tentacles at which point I'll feed mysis (or anything else)

Chief_T

AC Members
Mar 17, 2012
wow your tank is gorgeous love your setup hope mine looks half as good as that someday haha how big is your tank?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Thank you. Tank is a 40 breeder (36"x18"x16").

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store