Hillstream tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Loaches lookin' good, I was going to ask if those were nerite eggs, I guess so. Fingers crossed your missing perc is just a really good hider.
Yea I gave away the nerites since their eggs were everywhere: glass wall, rocks, plants, powerheads, etc. Just too much for me.

Is your QT tank as mature algae/biofilm-wise as your display?
That cteno is sweet, btw!
I set it up when I had the main one done. All I had in the tank was a betta and some ramshorn snails. It's bare bottom and algae grows on the rocks and pot I have in there. Not on the glass walls though. I don't dose anything in the tank. Just weekly water changes with 9+ hours of light everyday. It was the pale looking male that went missing so not sure if it was my tank or it did not ship well. The pair that were shipped before this group is doing well in my original qt tank. The recent group is in a different qt tank. Yep, it's a fat gast. that beats everyone up.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Hm... It certainly sounds like it wasn't your tank! I have his last 5 coming my way tomorrow or Thursday, so I was wondering if there was something wrong with him... sounds like there was. I'm not planning on QTing, but maybe I should.
I think it was because of shipping as it took 4 days to get to me. A little too long in shipment. So far, I don't see anything wrong with the ones in the qt tanks. They all have nice colors to them and no sign of sickness except the one that went missing. I just like to quarantine everything I get since I don't want to risk the fish in my main tank as they are all wild stock.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
2/1/2012

Officially lost the male. Found its body. Did a water change in the tank.

Some photos from my main tank. Ignore the brown algae on glass as its water change is going to be on Sunday. The percs. and gast. like the Repashy now so I think I'll stick to feeding them Repashy, veggies, frozen bloodworms/mysis shrimp, and algae grazing. All look fat and are pooping:).
DSC_04372-1.jpg
DSC_0480.jpg
DSC_0464-3.jpg
DSC_04672-1.jpg
DSC_04422.jpg
DSC_0447-1.jpg
DSC_0448-1.jpg

DSC_04372-1.jpg DSC_0480.jpg DSC_0464-3.jpg DSC_04672-1.jpg DSC_04422.jpg DSC_0447-1.jpg DSC_0448-1.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Aww, I'm sorry you lost the male perc. Fish look good, glad you found another food they'll eat. Man, the loaches still look small now I see them on the spray bar...it's all good!

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Aww, I'm sorry you lost the male perc. Fish look good, glad you found another food they'll eat. Man, the loaches still look small now I see them on the spray bar...it's all good!
I was thinking the same thing but some members from the loach forum told me that their loaches are around the 1.5 to 2 inches and are breeding. I was amazed as I thought they would get 2.5+ inches. I'm bummed the male died as I hate losing fish but it was pale when I received it. Just too long in the mail. The others are doing great though.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I think I am going to give away a reverse trio of the percs. 2 males are really picking on the other male. Going to be too much aggression in my main tank once they're done with quarantine. I don't want to start another tank or upgrade as I don't have room for the bigger tank.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I wish I had a tank ready, percs are awesome! I'm even going to practically next door to you tomorrow at the SVAS in SJ (have you ever gone? might be fun...first time for me) If you can wait......

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I wish I had a tank ready, percs are awesome! I'm even going to practically next door to you tomorrow at the SVAS in SJ (have you ever gone? might be fun...first time for me) If you can wait......
I don't usually go to fish auctions/shows as they are mostly out of town. A few years ago, I would go to the IBC shows, when I use to breed bettas, and the San Diego Fish Society, when they had their annual fish show. Haven't gone to a show in 3 years, haha. I hope you have fun!:)

I'm going to see if anyone local takes them first as I don't want to ship them and have no shipping supplies right now. If I can't find anyone, Aaron has dibs on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store