The AC hitchhiker ID thread (now thumbnailed)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

batray girl

AC Members
Jun 16, 2005
east coast U.S.

Red Brittle Star. First noticed when he was about 4 inches, leg tip to leg tip. Now about 12 inches. Detrivore--staked out this rock and has been pretty close to it for about 6 months now. Quite a shock to discoved--picked up a rock, felt something prickly wriggling on the bottom--almost dropped it!
my green serpent does the same thing! he's claimed his hut and he stays under it. he's been living in the same "house" for about a year. This is him:

his name is string beans

Jenns

AC Members
Nov 25, 2008
Here's some more. I pretty much had to black out the room to get him to come out of the LR. A red scarlett crab just passed him and he did nothing, he just pics at the LR.

Sorry can never get this right....THIS looks like the box crab I had

thincat

AC Members
Jun 10, 2008
Sorry but, that looks like a green brittlestar and when he gets bigger he is going to start to eat your fish.............

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Sorry but, that looks like a green brittlestar and when he gets bigger he is going to start to eat your fish.............
Thats because it IS a brittle star.. ;) Oh, they are not predacious...if it turns to eating fish, it means its under fed ;)

kamikaze_fish

AC Members
Aug 18, 2008
Kansas
I hate being a pest, but this is a great thread, but there's some replies that are so old the pictures are no longer there. Can we get it cleaned up some?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I hate being a pest, but this is a great thread, but there's some replies that are so old the pictures are no longer there. Can we get it cleaned up some?

It shall be done oh master :bowing:

Last edited:

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Making an appearence in a legendary thread :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store