OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY ABN GAVE BIRTH AND FRY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
:help:

i got a urgent question

my babies which are all active are now moer brownish? why? r they dying? but they seem active......i did a 60% WC today...........

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
after i noticed them like that.........
i did the WC

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
nobody? sorry if ur on est coast........but what about west coast??? whatever..........hopefully something their by tomorrow

and also, i noticed that almost all fry left the cave, the yolk is only like 2mm now....super tiny;) and now i see like 7 diff. groups as if they are at school

like 10 in top left corner next to heater
13 on left front corner
16 on right front corner
11 wimps hiding out under the pot
18 of them riding on each other on the pot under the filter.......is that fun for fish? idk......maybe if i were a fish............(dream).....life would be so easy;)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
i don't think so......i sure hope not.........both are albino......the male i bought from petco when he was 1" 1.5 years ago..........female was bought from ADA in SF5 3 months ago..........

even so...........shouldn't most of them be carrying the albino gene as parents are both albino?

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Some might be brown as you don't know the lineage of the parents. The parent can carry the brown gene if one of their parents/grandparent was brown or another color.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
but can they carry enough to make all of them brown? thanks;)

i think it might just be right now.......hopefully:)

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Not all as the parents are albino but a mix of both until the brown gene is bred out, will you most likely get all albinos.

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah one or both might be carrying the regular bn gene. I would start leaving a slice of cucumber for food as soon as the yolk disappears. Also cover any air tubes since bn babies get everywhere and sometimes get stuck. What kind of filte you running there?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store