Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
[AC] C-note;2753852 said:
<b>I vote to burn Star-Crossed at the stake.</b> You should wait until after the game to pat your teammate on the back.
How in Bala's name could they be teammates? You think there are 2 left? Pardon my acronym, but wtfudge? And Star? *smh*

[AC] RICKETS

I'm bad fo' yo' bones Yo!
Mar 11, 2008
ACville
Thanks Fire. Obvious choice, but thanks.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
I don't know where to vote. I thought Nem and Fire were both real good suspects. Nem seemed way scummier than Fire so I voted that way. Fire could be it... all the stuff we weighed against her still exist just the same now as before. I just don't see getting anything out of her to go on that we don't already have. Far be it for her to give much to base anything solid on. (Sorry Fire, there I go being mean again. lol.) Cnote and Scoop were both less visible in participation and there are/were good reasons to suspect either of them. Star and Doom I saw as both being true blue. That could have been wrong too for all I know.... (meaning Star of course, not Doom).

Other than Fire, I had everyone else leaning innocent with just small things that might be scummy. But it doesn't help to default back to Fire just because that's the easiest way to go.

To figure out who I should really vote, I'll have to go back and read through Wing's posts and Scoop's posts first.

I just don't have that in me right now.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
I know, I said I was done for a while. I just can't leave it alone. It bugs the heck out of me that I can't figure this out.

(I hate this game!)

[AC] wing nut;2751642 said:
Well I'm pretty sure I'll be lynched no matter what I say. All I ask is that you look today at tomorrow. The next spell is the turn witch to town or townie to witch. You guys need to find someone for the Warlock to turn to townie. Don't fixate on me, all that leads to is a bunch of posts and defenses that lead nowhere when you could be finding a witch to turn.
Talk about irony. This made me lol.

For all the whining and complaining Wingnut has put out, they are the one who wanted us to turn a witch.

Tree suggested it and Hammer went for it too, saying had it come from anyone else but Tree he would have suspected them. So off we went to make it happen.

I had a terrible feeling about that back then but I just couldn't find a downside to it. I sure see one now.

I think we got played, folks. Wingnut set us up for this before we turned them.

Well done, Wing... that was subtle, very crafty.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
I bet it just killed you being forced to admit I wasn't part of your miserable den.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
OK Here is where I am at :-

Star - I have them as innocent.

Rickets - There is a case to answer. Riding all over Fire at the start of the day, all over me for most of the day, onto Scoop immediately as the votes came around. Then there is the claim of the turn spell. I had them leaned innocent by way of being an overly assertive townie who thought that they were a) untouchable and b) guaranteed to be right. I had a good old lol to myself when I read that I am a worse player than Scoop. Rickets, yesterday you were all over Fire and myself, you were certainly wrong about me and fire was the second vote onto Scoop, made before the he/she/they thing came up.

Fire - I thought they looked shady. I find it very difficult to see past the early vote on Scoop, a confirmed scum.

Wing - I am 100% that Tree cast the turn spell on Fire. The thing is that there is something not right with the mechanics of this game and we know that Wing was witch at the point when the prophet & herbalist were still with us. We have to consider the possibility that what is rotten at the core of the town is connected in some way to Wing.

C-note - First vote on Scoop yesterday Hard to look past that at this point in time. If I'm right I believe they have just voted for Star. That vote doesn't agree with my view on the game or on star and I will have to think about it.

To me, if you take the votes from last night, they tend to exonerate Star, Fire and C-Note far more so than Rickets and Wing. I'm less than impressed with Wing Nuts unwillingness to answer the question in my favour as regards whether I was in the scum den with them. Why would they do this for Rickets and not for me ?

I see this a Rickets v Wing Nut run off for my vote at this point in time. But we do have time to think this true.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
OK the position with Rickets and Wing. It seems to me that :-

- If Wing is scum it would mean either that Tree did not cast the turn spell on them or the random event turned them back into scum.

- If Rickets is scum it would mean that the answer Wing Nut gave us was a false answer, which I don't think could be the case, or the random event turned Rickets to scum.

If I was certain, which I must say I was, that Tree did cast the turn spell on Wing, then the bottom line would be that Wing Nut could not be scum with Rickets, unless the random event affected more than one person, a question which Lady G was asked by Star and declined to answer.

I would be edging ever so slightly towards Rickets being the correct choice for the vote today. But as I said, there is time to think this through.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
I agree with Nem in that I also believe our success to end this game with a win for the town centers on Wingnut.

It took some thinking but I realize now why I couldn't pinpoint where the problem was before. It's a difference in how I play.... there are some things I don't agree with and don't normally do myself. And it stands for reason that if I don't play that way, I don't generally think that way either when it comes to strategy.

Normally, I wouldn't play things the way the witches have done because I feel we are bound by a more "within the spirit of the rules" good sportsmanship type of code where a turn is obligated to help their new team win the game. And even though the game mod cautioned Wingnut about that too... I guess the witches had already based their game strategy solely on the "you can say anything you want in the game" standard of play which, of course, is also part of the rules.

The post I pulled before is where Wingnut planted the idea in the thread for us to turn a "known witch" to townie instead of burning them was done intentionally. Everyone in the game saw my reaction to Hammer agreeing with Tree that we should turn Wingnut. I freaked at that idea. You better believe I did.... and I hope you can see now why I got suspicious. This is too much like falling for that pocket mafia tactic all over again.

Unfortunately, I suspected Tree for suggesting it and pretty much accused him of trying to double-cross us. And, as Tree was an innocent instead of a witch, they naturally assumed I was scum. This is so stupid. I can't believe we got suckered in like that. I knew it was problemmatic. I should have explained more at the time so the town would know why I got worried. I should have fought against the idea harder than I did. I just couldn't see the whole picture yet. Even though I knew something was wrong I couldn't figure out what it was.

So I blamed Tree for making the suggestion because I thought that's where it came from.... I tried to warn Hammer by pointing that out.... and when no one on the town side wanted to hear that, I let it go. We went ahead and did it.

The thing about turning Wingnut like that is it had to be done by a non-communicating PR so everything was talked about publicly in the thread. In this format, the warlock's spell was intended to be used quietly and anonymously which makes it more random. More of a shot in the dark taken by someone wearing a blindfold. But the only way this idea would have worked for us would have been for townie to come up with the idea (instead of the scum team) and pull it on a confirmed scum player very fast......... without giving the other side advance warning we were going to do it.

In this case, however, not only did the witches know about it. They were the ones who suggested it to us!!!!

So now, put yourself in the scumden from Day 1 for a moment. Someone on that team with a talent for strategy came up with the idea and shared it with the witches. Since they knew the game allowed for a possible turn, they worked out a plan in advance to defeat it before-hand just in case one of the witches got turned during the game. Once they had that chance to talk it over in the scumden, it didn't matter which witch we turned or when we turned them.

Based on what I've seen Wingnut doing since their turn, that is exactly what I think they agreed to do.

When we turned Wingnut we did so to eliminate a witch by turning them into a pro-town player on our side instead. And we thought the witch-turned-innocent would comply. Sure enough that sounded like a great idea. But, as is clearly evident to us now...... what we got instead was double agent still working for the witches that they wanted us to have. Wingnut never had any intention of helping us win.

Looking back at it all now, this isn't hard to figure out after all.

All they had to do was agree if one of them got turned....... to vote for a witch only after the town found one and someone had voted them already. And that is exactly how Wingnut has been doing this. That would confirm, yes... so-and-so is a witch... so the town would burn them. The scum team must have felt this was staying within the rules close enough that they could get away with it.

Then at the very end when we got to a point where all we had to do was kill off the last surviving witch to win the game, all the turned witch would have to do is confirm the wrong suspect to the town. We burn the wrong one, the game ends, and the mod announces... The Witches Have Won!

We still have 6 surviving players in this game. And based on the fact that Wingnut is trying to get me burned in particular, that tells me that when we burned Scoop last night.... Wingnut knows there is only one witch left... does not feel bound by the rules or any sense of fair play.... and will not help us find the last witch we need for a town win. So right after Scoop died, Wingnut went after someone they know isn't the last witch to make sure the scum team wins in the end.

As soon as nightfall was over, Wingnut came after me. I suppose I was their best choice because I am suspected already by everyone still alive... and probably because I pissed them off more than any of the rest of you. Also, I might add that since I was the one who got the random spell (and that's a whole other can worms full of WIFOM questions all its own)...... when I do get burned next and don't turn out to be a witch after all... Wingnut can use the excuse pretending that they are trying to help us win... but tell us, "Oops, I'm so sorry... I just didn't believe Rickets was telling the truth."

Most of you are predisposed already to suspect me so how would you blame Wingnut for making the same mistake. Wingnut retains their confirmed innocent credibility and they help us to continue killing off fellow townies by mistake or whatever else it takes to protect the last remaining witch.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
Sorry that post is so rambly. I'm still sleepy so I didn't spend much time cutting that down into a more concise explanation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store