The adventures of X-ray and gamma ray through TSA security

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Before the ban I brought Cichlid fry home from many vacations. If you visit a Fishroom it rude if you don't take fry ;)
lol..that is funny! There for a while no one with a fish tank left my house without angel fry or turquoise rainbow fry!

I went to your blog and LOVED IT!! It made me want to take along one of my guppy fry on our next vacation and I was even trying to figure out what kind of bottle you had yours in while traveling. :D

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the blog.

The bottles are called tissue culture flasks. Perfectly clear but very brittle. I'm sure you can find a clear Strong bottle that will work. The fish were dosed with cloramx and pure oxygen two things I never move fish without.

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the blog.
The bottles are called tissue culture flasks. Perfectly clear but very brittle. I'm sure you can find a clear Strong bottle that will work. The fish were dosed with cloramx and pure oxygen two things I never move fish without.
Thanks for the info. Husband already put the halt on me taking a fish along :( I don't think I really would, I would worry too much about the fish and just do it for the entertainment/photo ops. BUT..it does give rise to the idea of bringing something home..hmmm.

But hey...I bet an empty whiskey bottle would work? lol

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
A whiskey bottle would only work of you drink the very cheap stuff! The TSA app (screenshots on the blog) specifically state it must be a clear plast container. So travel with a net and some cloramx powder and any old plastic soda plastic an be a way home. If I was on vacation with my family I'd likely chek the soda bottles in my lugage. This was a work trip to an aquaculture meeting and I was testing it as much for work as for the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store