first tank ever. 12g mini-reef.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
And off you go...

ryuku32

let's get dangerous!
Apr 16, 2007
southern maryland
reef.scottn.us
now thats a fair chunk of rock !!!...What are your plans for the tank?
yeah i was thinking FOWLR at first b/c i'm learning enough as it is w/o studying corals! :) so i just got one that weighed 11lbs, but made sure it had holes and places for fishes to hang out, for bio filter purposes. it's nice for a single piece but now i'm thinking i should've got smaller ones and aquascaped an L across the back-left... not much ya can add-on to that guy... but i got time to figure that out later. another prob was finding LR locally and reason i grabbed a big rock while i was visiting kids last weekend. i've found a guy with LR, but his looks nasty... but it's cured!

many people try to get a tank b/c of Finding Nemo. that wasn't my reason, but i have 4 kids, 3 of which LOVE nemo (others too young) so yes... it's going to be home to a percula clown and a clean crew. only immediate goal at the moment. excited to have a hobby for my spare time. that's the reason... too much spare time after wife and i separated and i live 200miles from the kiddos.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
What kind of lights do you have hooked up to the tank? I personally love the red and white cleaner shrimp commonly found in most reef tanks. (no idea what they are called... I love reef tanks, but I'm still quite inexperienced with salt water) There is one fish I do happen to know the name of which I think are absolutely stunning, but I do know they are hard to care for: green mandarin. I do not know what kind of environment they need nor how big they get, but I frequently read that they are quite tricky to keep. (totally worth it for such a beautiful fish though)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store