25 gal hex canopy...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i was just kinda thinking a standard drawing Andy, just to give some idea's to people..not some technical drawing..just basic and simple and will give people an idea of what it is....

Niko

jdiesel

life under the sea...
Apr 19, 2007
West Palm Beach, FL
each side of the tank is about 9.5 inches...however the two sides leading towards the back of the tank would be 7.5 inches due to the filter i have resting on the back of my tank.

From across the tank, corner to corner , it measures 18.75 inches and from filter to front of the tank measures 13.5 inches...I was thinking the canopy should be about 4-5 inches high for adequate lighting and perhaps an install for a fan....lol this IS hard to explain!

You guys don't even want to know the contraption I have temporarily placed over my tank! oh well..i hope you understand my measurements! :rolleyes:

Mar 29, 2007
just a small tiny tip to germanman, you may get more light if the refector is a half cylinder, you are getting the light that is pointing towards the tank and behind the tank with those reflectors, but the light that goes left and right is more wasted. I found when i added a curve to my reflector on a NO fluorescent i got much more light.

Its a very nice hood.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
just a small tiny tip to germanman, you may get more light if the refector is a half cylinder, you are getting the light that is pointing towards the tank and behind the tank with those reflectors, but the light that goes left and right is more wasted. I found when i added a curve to my reflector on a NO fluorescent i got much more light.

Its a very nice hood.
i know but it was impossible to get better since the halide is attached to the door...it major flaw. ive messed with it a bunch since then though its a bit better now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store