I'm back! With another halfmoon betta pair.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Hello all,
It's been awhile since I've been here. We moved, and that really took up a lot of time. Bought our own townhouse!
The copper HM (Odin) I put up photos of the last time I was here unfortunately died shortly after I took those photos. I wasn't as careful about keeping his tank clean as I should have been and he was already stressed from the shipping, so I think that's what did him in.
However, the female (Sitara) is still doing quite well, growing quickly and developing a fantastic personality.
So I've bought another pair from aquabid, thinking I may breed Sitara to the new male. It would be a shame to let a female with such brilliant genetics go to waste. I looked on aquabid forever to find a copper male with the genes I wanted - HM or near to it, dragon or lace markings, good finnage, clean body, good branching.
The new guy is actually a super delta. I compromised - because even Aquastar didn't have what I was looking for this time. Gorgeous fish, but not what I wanted. This pair is from elegantbetta. More photos when they arrive next week.

male.jpg female.jpg

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
can't say im much of a betta fan, but that first one has some insane finnage

wish these guys got 12"+

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Thanks. I'm going to try to encourage some more of those lace markings in the line, if I do end up breeding them. I think with such a nice broodstock, between this pair and the copper female from before, I shouldn't have any problem coming up with some highly marketable offspring. My only concern with breeding is that I'll have to cull a bunch of the kids, but I think these are pretty enough that I can sell most of them instead.
I haven't seen a copper line with such intense lace markings. I'd like to develop those much more.

and kingofthedeep, I agree! I really wish they grew much larger. Though, being so small, they're like little jewels.

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
That is amazing!

good luck

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
those are truly incredible fish. good luck with the breeding!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
HOLY CRAP!! :thud: :eek3:

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Spectacular!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com