My 20 gallon (mostly) tetra tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

destined_love7

Aquariaholic
Sep 27, 2007
In this tank I have Von Rios, Lemons, and Blue Emperor tetras, green laser (I'm pretty sure) cories, 4 brigs snails, 2 ADFs, and a few ghost shrimp. The corner plants are some leftovers that I had (lol...they were all supposed to be in this tank, but I put them in the invert one) and the middle ones are some bulbs that I bought from wal-mart just to see if they would grow. Well they did and now I have no idea what they are. But when they get bigger I'll rearrange all of them. I think I need some more in there, too. But don't fret! I have some java lace coming! *hehehe* Any other suggestions?

Look! You can see the floaties that I was talking about! Any ideas?

destined_love7

Aquariaholic
Sep 27, 2007
I'm trying to get a better camera. The only time they are still enough is when they are resting on the sand and then they are just a blur. Anyway, I bought the cories as "green cory" at an LFS. The closest pic I could find was a green laser. They are almost a flesh color with a green stripe that is broad near the head and thins toward the tail. Does that help?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Your cory does sound like green laser. As for the green fire tetras, those are excellent additions.:thm: I've kept lots of tetras for a long time and I find these very pretty to look at.:hearts:

destined_love7

Aquariaholic
Sep 27, 2007
Yay for green lasers!

I just love my tetras. The Von Rios are the boss of the tank. They keep everyone in line. They kind of remind me of hall monitors. LOL. The lemons are like the good kids. They play nice (except for when they ate my cherries!) and are mostly laid back. The blues are like the ADHD kids, always busy and running around. The cories are the class clowns. Mostly they all just roam the tank, but every now and then they ALL school together. I can't wait to see what the green fires are like.

And a side note? No one has even looked at the ghost shrimp that I put in there. hmph!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Where's the shrimp's picture?:) The green fires are cute when you look at their face. You won't regret when you keep them.;) The flame tetras do have that type of disposition.

destined_love7

Aquariaholic
Sep 27, 2007
LOL. I've GOT to get a better cam! I'm gonna borrow my neighbor's tomorrow. She insists that it will only work with rechargable batteries or I would have snagged it last night. But beware when I get one that will actually take a good pic. I love posting them and I've been trying for months to get a pic of my actual fish instead of just pics of fish LIKE the ones I have. I still think she's wrong. But the ghost, I guess, would be the janitorial staff (since I've got a school....get it?....theme going on).

destined_love7

Aquariaholic
Sep 27, 2007
Well I finally found something to clear up my tank! It's called B clear by Hagen and it's for "bioligical water clarifier". I bought it on a hunch just to see and I was very pleasantly surprised when I came home from work tonight (I added it last night) to find a clear tank. Check it out....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store