150 gallon african tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
this is the tank i started a few years ago. i will update more recent pics for it has changed a lot. i set it up from wreck of a tank. i tried a few live plants but these africans bite apart everything.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
here are the updated pics. most of the original fish died over time but the peacock and orange labs( i think) have grown in there. also the 3 inch synodontis and the 3 inch striped raphael are now both 7 inches long. i added 3 blue rainbowfish, where 2 have survived and a 12 inch pleco. the rainbowfish are going to be transferred out but are currently being treated for ick first.
this is the new tank setup.

here are the 2 synodontis catfish. they hide well in the back, so it is hard to get a good shot.

these are the red tail botias. they get ick quite easily for some reason but overcome it quickly.

here are the rainbowfish. they are getting beat up so im gonna move them after the ick treatment. i hope they will do well at a ph of 7.0

this is the killifish i caught when fishing in september. it was supposed to be bait but i felt bad. it has tripled in size and next summer ill get it some friends. they can be taken out of the ocean and chucked into freshwater with no problems at all.

this is the 12 inch pleco hiding. hope you can see him partially exposed.

here are the zebras, labs, peacocks...all the rest.

love the teeth. im thinking i have a male female here with the orange ones just by looking at body shape and size...maybe someone can confirm this.

if anyone can identify the fish, it will be appreciated. thanks...looking forward to feedback.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
your pictures are amazing! Beautiful fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store