Xenia Scrubber

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Thats what I'm thinking. The way it outcompeted the macro and seeing it in pictures makes me think twice about it. I knew that they liked 'dirty' water but until I saw the photos I never really considered they may outcompete chaeto.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I often stick my frags in the sump just until they've attached to the rubble I've glued them to. I might swap everything around so that the Xenia is under the light (I'm pretty sure Tim put T5 in there, will check tomorrow)and move the algae further down. I might take photos and keep a journal in my blog.

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Thats also a nice way to make a bit of money on the side. For some reason frags like that go for sale easy around here.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Same here, xenia is not often in the Reef Shops.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've thought of that too. Kip was using the pink pompoms in his, but my blue ones have really taken off on the back wall. I'm thinking I can put what I was going to frag for the LFS into the fuge instead.

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
This is strange. I just today started setting up a 29g to act as a 2nd display refugium and my plan was and is to use Xenia for nutrient export. I popped in here to do some research on the subject and the this is the first post is see.

Thanks for the link.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store