All My Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NickD

AC Members
May 2, 2008
Maryland, USA
Just thought I'd share pictures of all 3 of my tanks. So here they are in no particular order. Not great picture quality. Still learning to take pictures of the tanks.

First here's our 20 Gal. As you can probably see, it has been decorated by the kids. It conains harlequin rasboras, neon tetras, male guppies and some cherry barb juvies which will soon be gone. This tank has some live plants. This one has been set up since April of this year.
20Gal.JPG

The next one is my main tank. It's a 65 Gal planted. In here I have some Boeseman's rainbows, cherry barbs, zebra danios, kuhli loaches, an albino bristlenose, an SAE, a couple of amano shrimp, lots of plants and an infestation of snails (mostly MTS). It's a low tech planted so no CO2, no ferts, low/medium light plants. I think my arrangement of the plants look a bit messy so I'm trying t figure out how to give it a "cleaner" look. Any ideas? This one has been set up since March of this year.
65GalPlanted.JPG

Here's the ABN and kuhlis.
ABN_Kuhlis.jpg

And here's the SAE.
SAE.jpg

This last one is the newest. It's a 10 Gal invert tank. It's got yellow neocardina shrimp and an olive nerite snail. This one has been up just a week and a half.
10GalShrimp.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any ideas on how to make the 65g look cleaner would be appreciated.

65GalPlanted.JPG 20Gal.JPG 10GalShrimp.jpg ABN_Kuhlis.jpg SAE.jpg

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
Nice tanks. Good shot of the ABN.

prolude006

Senior Member-Wheres My Discount!
Oct 3, 2008
Central Vermont
I like your 2nd and third tanks. Since you asked Ill try to give some input about your tank but a better camera and picture would make it look that much better to start with.
Remember no one can tell you how to change your tank as everyone has there own style they like...however, I would say composition wise you have too many different plants for my taste in the 65g tank. It seems too busy with colors which doesn't look natural to me. You have white rocks, black substrate, red wood, green plants, and red plants, many with completely different shapes. For me Sometimes less if more....bunch plants should be in large bunches, pick your favorite plant and try to focus on it...stuff like that.
Have fun with it...just don't mess with it too much you'll get frustrated!!

NickD

AC Members
May 2, 2008
Maryland, USA
Thanks folks.

And thanks prolude. I think you're right. It's my collecting side which kept adding different plants until I got to where I am today. The 65g is my first ever planted tank so it was hard to resist buying plants but I think I've got that under control now. Now I have to convince my packrat side to actually get rid of some. I also agree that I need to bunch the plants together. I also need to trim the vals a lot. They just grow like weeds.

BTW, I do have a nice camera; it's my photography skills which need improvement.:) I think one of my problems is that I don't have enough lighting on the tank.

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Very Nice Tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store