Q-tips #3 Expired!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
For the safety of our pets we should be aware of expiration dates. If your test kit is outdated it can no longer be trusted.
API has stated these expiration dates for their Master Test Kit. Each test kit bottle has a Lot # printed on it. The last four digits are the month and year its made.
Ex: Lot # 28A0102. This is a pH reagent manufactured in January of 2002.

The Ammonia, High Range pH, Nitrate test bottles will last for 3 years.
The Nitrite bottle will last for 4 years.
The Freshwater pH(low range) bottle will last for 5 years.

Don't stop there. Check all of your pets products like food and treatments to see if they have expired. Heck! Check your own medicines and food to see if they're expired. Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors.

Good health to all.

Q

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
Food expiration dates are only guidelines the only thing required by the fda to have one is baby formula. Also Excluding a few drugs such as liquid antibodics, insulin, most medications are perfectly good to use years after the expiration date. However, how these drugs have been stored could result in degradation of the intended effects.

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Food expiration dates are only guidelines the only thing required by the fda to have one is baby formula. Also Excluding a few drugs such as liquid antibodics, insulin, most medications are perfectly good to use years after the expiration date. However, how these drugs have been stored could result in degradation of the intended effects.
I stand corrected.

Q

Que

Feb 15, 2007
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
It's in General Freshwater on page 2 now I think... perhaps I should link all the previous ones in the first post of my next one.

Thanks for sparking the idea.

Q

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store