Best way to scrub glass without scratching?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
I get this Green/Brown algea spots on the glass that I cant seem to take off other then with a scraper, but I noticed that It leaves small scratches here and there and that means that before I know it my glass will be horrible. any good advice on this?? are the magnets any good?? I was thinking maybe If I used magnets and cleaned verry often enough to prevent those nasty algea spots.

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
I tryied a rough sponge and It wont take anything off, and when I got one a little bit rougher then its start make tiny hairlike scratches:(

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Yeah, I just use mag-floats to keep my arms dry, but for tough stuff, I use a plastic razor-blade or an old credit card, even have a reusable sponge I got from petsmart.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Thats where I got all my mag-floats, I print out their online page with the price and take it into their stores to pricematch it with.

JohnSmith

Registered Member
Oct 4, 2008
I get this Green/Brown algea spots on the glass that I cant seem to take off other then with a scraper, but I noticed that It leaves small scratches here and there and that means that before I know it my glass will be horrible. any good advice on this?? are the magnets any good?? I was thinking maybe If I used magnets and cleaned verry often enough to prevent those nasty algea spots.
I have never seen glass scratch that easy. Indeed, I have used razor blades for years, with a bit of care, and "angle of attack" kept low--yet effective, I have never had problems with scratching the glass. Sometimes a green pad does it for me ...

What do you have, a plastic/acrylic tank?

Regards,
JS

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store