My 29 Gallon Planted Tank Thread!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IsaacMTSU

Nikon D7000
Jul 24, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
www.IsaacCogdill.com
So, one day last year I was sitting in my apartment at college and I thought "I want an aquarium..." My girlfiend thought it was the most random thing ever, but I started looking up stuff online and reading books, magazines, etc. After about a month a picked up my 29 Gallon bowfront "kit" as my first aquarium.

It was a kit that came with Power Filter 30 HOB and a 100W Heater, some flake food, a single strip 24" Florescent fixture and a hinged glass hood. I got the pea gravel substrate and the "big resin rock" to go inside...and a terra cotta pot :)

After a few weeks I got some plants..the corkscrew grass quickly melted away :headshake2:.

I put it on the desk in my apartment and added a blue background... I had no idea how ADDICTED:devil: I would become!!

This Summer (6/08) I got some grasses to go in there... Mondo Grass (whatta newb!) :headshake2: was worthless in the aquarium.

I moved this aquarium to my house (~3 hours away). Then I got some more plants... Wisteria (Hygro. Difformis).

More to come...:headbang2:

IsaacMTSU

Nikon D7000
Jul 24, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
www.IsaacCogdill.com
So, here is the start of the Wisteria in the 29G...

The tank was moved again to my new apartment back at college in August 2008. And I also got a Nikon D60 DSLR camera just before this, so the pictures will be way better from here on.

One of the Gouramis I have...and I chipped the rock during the move.

I also added a Cryptocoryne Lutea

Here is one of the White-Finned Rosy Tetras that has been there from the start.

Here is a picture of the tank at the first of 10/08 (BEFORE a trim :))

After a little trim...

They all look the same! Here's a picture of the awesome L-56 Pleco!! I love him!

Here is the most recent picture I have from a week ago (10/08)

I changed the background around to the black side! I looks a million times better... My camera charger is messed up, so no pictures for a few days but, hopefully soon!! My album shows all of the fish we have and our other tank (90G).

Click Here To Check 'Em Out!
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/album.php?albumid=378

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store