FS Marmorkreb/Marbled Crayfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
I currently have 10-15 .25-5" juvenile Marmorkrebs that need to go to new homes.

These are the crayfish that reproduce asexually (without a mate, all the crayfish are females). They are excellent feeders and awesome pets. They reach between 4-5" as adults, and start producing offspring after they reach 2". They will berry, roughly, every other month having several hundred babies each time. This species is particularly passive making them easier to house in groups or with tankmates (however, do not house with small shrimp or snails).

I am selling the crayfish at $5/ea plus shipping. Shipping is calculated via USPS.com based on the buyer's zip code and choice in shipping (Priority or Express). All crayfish are shipped in Kordon Breather Bags, and with heat packs if necessary. All shipments are shipped with Delivery Confirmation/Tracking which is provided to the buyer.

Local pick-up is available if desired, I am in Essex County, NJ.

Necessary Mentionings:

1.) Please be mindful of your state's laws and regulations. This species is illegal to own in several states.

2.) Young crayfish have higher mortality rates than older crayfish, however, they are more successfully shipped at younger ages than older crayfish. To help prevent mortality, please place young crayfish in fully cycled and established tanks only. And do not house with anything, as they are easily eaten by aggressive tankmates at this age.

3.) Please do NOT purchase this species if you do not have a means to dispose of the young. If you have nothing to feed the offspring to or have no means of selling the crayfish, you will quickly become overwhelmed in crayfish. There are already established wild populations in non-native areas from, most likely but not verified, being dumped by overwhelmed hobbyists and being used as live bait.

Questions:

If you have any questions about this species, it's care requirements, etc. Please feel free to ask!

Thanks! ^_^

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
At this moment, all crays are PENDING.

Will update for sales that have fallen through and left unsold crays.

Thanks!

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Are the blues only female, the brown males? I like the blue ones! This sounds cruel, but I do not want 50 million babies, can these be fed to fish like guppy and or platy and molly? ( or are they born to big to fit in there mouths. How long do these live? And will they eat said platy and guppy when housed with them?

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
Are the blues only female, the brown males? I like the blue ones! This sounds cruel, but I do not want 50 million babies, can these be fed to fish like guppy and or platy and molly? ( or are they born to big to fit in there mouths. How long do these live? And will they eat said platy and guppy when housed with them?
They are all "female" they colonize by themselves, without mates.

smokin

AC Members
Jan 27, 2009
palmyra pa
these crays are all female. guppys and such will eat cray fry. i never had a problem with my cray eating fish. just my guppys ate my whole crays spawn the other day. :( the babies are tiny

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
these crays are all female. guppys and such will eat cray fry. i never had a problem with my cray eating fish. just my guppys ate my whole crays spawn the other day. :( the babies are tiny
well there goes my " over population problem LOL " I do not want 200 cray fish, one or 2 will do :) I love there looks ( the blue ones,) how does one get blue ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store