New Crested Geckos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I was at a local reptile show today and I picked up a few new geckos. I bought a female crested a few months ago so I was there to find her a mate. I also picked up a neat little unsexed baby as well. It was brick red when I bought it with unusual white dalmation spotting. I'm partial to the red Crested Gecko morphs myself.

Here's the unsexed baby red crested. He's not fired up in these pics unfortunately. For those of you who don't know a lot about crested geckos, they change color hues depending on the mood they're in. Their best colors are when they are active which is usually in the evening hours.

The new male crested. I don't even know what color morph I'd describe him as but he's got a lot of red coloring to him when he's fired up and he has some killer black dalmation spotting.

And some updated pics of the female I bought a few months ago.

Last edited:

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Wow! Gorgeous lizards! :D

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
The male looks like a flame with dalmatian.
Nice looking Cresties!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Great pics. I'll say it again, I believe I need me a couple of these.

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Love the crested geckos. I'm really seriously considering getting one. I really liked one at work and then I waited to long to get it. I'll keep my eye open for that "special" gecko. I have everything that I need, but something just keep holding me back to from getting one. Do you do live plants in your cage?

Winged

Likes being a biology major.
Jan 11, 2009
Louisville, KY
I saw an all white one today at a reptile show here. He was very cool looking. I don't know much about the crested geckos, but they fascinate me every time I see them.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm really loving Crested Geckos. I wish I had got into them a few years earlier.

I really like the eyes on this guy.How many reptiles do you have?
I don't have as many as I use to but I'm building the numbers back:

2.3.9 Leopard Geckos
1.1.1 Crested Gecko
1.3.0 Eastern Box Turtles
1.1.0 Stinkpot Musk Turtles
1.0.0 Red Cheek Mud Turtle
1.0.0 African BullFrog

The male looks like a flame with dalmatian.
Nice looking Cresties!
Thanks, I agree.

Great pics. I'll say it again, I believe I need me a couple of these.
I've heard that one from you before Coler. Less talk, more gecko purchasing please! :D

Love the crested geckos. I'm really seriously considering getting one. I really liked one at work and then I waited to long to get it. I'll keep my eye open for that "special" gecko. I have everything that I need, but something just keep holding me back to from getting one. Do you do live plants in your cage?
Thanks katschamne. I'm a big fan of having live plants if possible in reptile setups so yes, I do keep my cresteds with them. They're a little more work to keep but I don't mind it. Actually I picked up a few air plants at the show yesterday that I added to their enclosure. The only herp of mine with fake plants is my African Bullfrog because he's always digging things up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store