30Tall Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nderouch

I am Superman
Mar 4, 2008
Here is my new tank I just built

I wanted to get holey rock, but went to the lfs and decided that i did not want to drop $80-150 on rock.

So I started scavenging in the garage and found the centerpiece: my wifes strawberry planter.

Everything evolved from there. I had a bunch of irrigation tubes so I turned one into a tunnel and broke up another and put some large pieces in the stawberry planter to break up line of sight and give the fishies something to swim around

I planted an Amazon Sword in an Orchid pot and made sure the roots found their way out of the holes on the side.

I wanted some plants to grow out of the strawberry planter so I put some java moss inside and put a java fern growing out of the top.

The fishies are loving it.

Here is a link to the flickr set for this tank
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8498513@N07/sets/72157616093797748/

nderouch

I am Superman
Mar 4, 2008
Fishies in the tank
4x Rasboras
1 pr Apistogramma bitaeniata
1 pr Apistogramma Orange Flash
1 gold gourami
1 clown pleco

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
nice tank man, tho i dont do the terra cotta thing i really think you pulled it off well

jenazen69

AC Members
Jun 19, 2004
buffalo, NY
msn.com
I love the way the water flow looks like a waterfall going right into the strawberry planter. Hope wifey isn't mad at you for taking her potery.

nderouch

I am Superman
Mar 4, 2008
I love the way the water flow looks like a waterfall going right into the strawberry planter. Hope wifey isn't mad at you for taking her potery.

well she didnt mind because is tarted the conversation by telling her how much rock cost at the fish store.

the bubbles you see are actually air going up from a pump. the filter sits down in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store