30 GALLON RIMLESS CUBE MIXED REEF!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scootrnerd

just another average loser
Jan 5, 2008
florida
www.myspace.com
as some of you may know i could not decide on my new setup. so i let ppl on AC decide. i suffer from AADHD and makes it hard for me to make choices and stay focused etc... anyway. the decision was this tank. it is a 19x19x19 cube.1/2" glass i will be using some pics from my AP24 thread just to save time and bandwidth. here is what it started as.

i removed the plastic trim top and bottom. installed overflow a back both made from black textured ABS.

that is a 48" level to give you an idea of stand hight

this setup will have a frag tank between the display and sump :)

ten gallon just for water testing i will be using my current sump/fuge

short video :) HERE

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Looks great, but in most cases the trim is structural according to the manufacturer. Are you sure the tank will hold without it?

LuciferSam

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
Cool setup, but I would scuff the very edges of glass and use a 1 month cure Epoxy to make sure that tank doesn't move at all.

scootrnerd

just another average loser
Jan 5, 2008
florida
www.myspace.com
Looks great, but in most cases the trim is structural according to the manufacturer. Are you sure the tank will hold without it?
Cool setup, but I would scuff the very edges of glass and use a 1 month cure Epoxy to make sure that tank doesn't move at all.
if it where not 1/2" glass i might be worried. also the trim came off in pieces. it was just glued to the top and bottom. popped right off so i know it wasn't structural. i had a 125 gallon tall made from 1/2 glass with no trim. and i did sand and buff all the edges.

LuciferSam

AC Members
Jun 4, 2009
wow didn't realize it was 1'2 inch glass. That must have been an old school oceanic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store