YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Oh, so you think you know what the worst nightmare is? Could it be ich? How about a system crash and all your fish die? Well those things are bad enough, but let me tell you what is your worst nightmare and that goes for freshies also.

Your Tank Breaking.:shakehead: I have experience it this morning.

Peacefully sleeping, the world could not be better, the tank was cleaned and sweet dreams of some new fish or other addition for the tank.

CRASH!!! and then the sound of a tidal wave. On my feet in seconds, make it to the catastophe in enough time to see a cat fleeing for dear life, sheer panic on it's fuzzy little face. As the water is gushing out of the tank, first thought is to open the door and let it out. A great idea in concept, however, there are these things called thresholds, which kindly retained the valuable life supporting salt water within the confines of the house.

A good thing too, as is search for survivors. poor little guys caught in a sunami. Theres one, the smaller blue velvet damsel, one of my newer fish. Scooped him up and dashed to another tank and acclimated via the "Spash and Dash" method. Who's next, my beloved grettal, the first salt fish I ever had almost two years old flopping on the floor like a fish out of water (bad pun). Scoop her up with much trouble, as there is about an inch of water and one fiesty fish. Race to the other tank, Splash and Dash.

Where are Ricky and Lucy my paired maroon clowns? Should be easy to spot as they are orange. No movement. Hit all the lights, not a sign. I search frantically, did they go under the couch? Did the cat grab em for a snack while running for high ground? I'm worried about them. These clowns have been to hell and back, with introduced sickness, improper care while on vacation, and ricky just being retarded, I have come to be really fond of these stupid fish over the past almost two years.

I go to the tank and move the rock they have called home for the last month since being in their new 225 gallon mansion. There was Lucy flopping on the sand, vulnerable to any seagull that may be lurking near. Scoop... whisked off and dumped, like the seagull lost its death grip and dropped back safely into the ocean. Where's Ricky? There he is, my heart races. He is not moving. With lighning speead and catlike agility on a slippery wet floor, he is medivac'd to the tank and dropped in. My heart sinks along with his lifeless body all the way to the bottom.

More to come, after cleaning water since 6:00 am, I must get ready for my work. Here is one pic...

DSC04643.JPG

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Good story, but dang... that sucks. Hope all turns out well for your fishies. Good thing the search and rescue team was at the top of their game!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
225g? OMG! Man that sucks so bad and that picture says it all. My blood pressure just skyrocketed while lookin at it and reading this thread. Best of luck to you.

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
at least you can take a bad situation and turn into a nice little story. if that happened to me my kids would probably be deaf cuz i definitely wouldnt be able to keep my cool

bettalover

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
wow sucks to hear.

my worst nightmare came true 2 days ago. i left the house and forgot to turn the heater off in my QT tank and came back the next day and found all 26 of my BN, dead. Sucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store