And so........ It begins.........

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jim in Michiana

Tanganyikan Lover
Feb 23, 2009
LaPorte, Indiana
A couple of weeks ago, you may recall, my wife and I decided to take on building a fishroom we both could enjoy.... I located a source for tanks on Craigslist, and after several phone calls, we decided that for the price that they were offered for, it would be worth the trouble of renting a truck and making a 400 mile roundtrip trek. I rented a 16 foot mini-moving truck and set my alarm for 4:00 A.M.

My wife looks happy to get going at 5:00 A.M. ........ I can't say the same for the "Puggy"............

We arrived at an old warehouse and were greeted by my "New Best Friend", Bob.

Bob has a few tanks for sale..............

So we hammered out the details, and loaded up my selections..........

I purchased the following...........

(12) 45g longs
(20) 40g Breeders
(4) 30g
(8) 20g longs
(20) 20H
(1) 125g (new)
(1) 42g hex

The "deal" included lids for all the tanks, bulkheads for the tanks that are already drilled (64 of them), and a wrought iron stand for the hex tank.

There's gonna be a lot of scraping of blue paint (I prefer black), and a lot of washing with muriatic acid / vinegar. but I seriously doubt that I'd ever have the opportunity to buy 66 tanks for around $ 800 !!!!!!

And so......... It begins............ Onward to the basement !!!!!!!!!

Hernandezj11

AC Members
Dec 2, 2009
WOW! That was a great deal! I cant wait to see some pics of the fish room once its all set up!... And scraping 66 blue backgrounds just to put on black, you are one determined guy!!

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
Holy Moly Cow Wow......!!!! :) That's just amazing!!!! I cannot wait to see this beginning to end. Good luck and don't wear yourself out cleaning all those tanks....Incredible! ;)

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
For the love of bob! think you got enough tanks?!? lol

Great deal though!

Have fun cleaning and prepping them :grinno::rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com