Very UNHAPPY with Ehiem (product and service)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
So I have a 2026 that I bought and it was working great. Well all of a sudden it started to give me a huge leak! I notice water is coming from were your hands go on the top to lift it up, but I can't figure out why.

I emailed eheim, the guy told me to look and check certain areas, I did and they were fine. I informed the guy that the areas he told me were fine and what to do next. As well I mentioned if the filter was still under warranty, ever since I said that he has not replied to any of my emails. Seems to me eheim doesn't really care about their customers and when it comes to time to ask about the warranty they just all of a sudden vanish and can't help?

Anyone else have this issue? Any advise on what to do?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I wouls suspect the sealing gasket..it's the big one that fits on the motor housing and onto the cannister. the seal is usually really soft,pliable, but they can get damaged easily if they are not fitted correctly when assembling. you may want to remove the gasket and look for minor imperfections even tiny cuts.. it doesn't take much to cause a leak.

the other places could be the o rings for the intake and outlet fitting,,it is possible a tiny leak forms and you find it undet the lip of the motor housing.
there is also a gasket(o ring) for the primer plunger. however I would suspect you may be able to see that if it leaked

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
I wouls suspect the sealing gasket..it's the big one that fits on the motor housing and onto the cannister. the seal is usually really soft,pliable, but they can get damaged easily if they are not fitted correctly when assembling. you may want to remove the gasket and look for minor imperfections even tiny cuts.. it doesn't take much to cause a leak.

the other places could be the o rings for the intake and outlet fitting,,it is possible a tiny leak forms and you find it undet the lip of the motor housing.
there is also a gasket(o ring) for the primer plunger. however I would suspect you may be able to see that if it leaked
Whats the best way of getting the sealing gasket out?

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
Filter was purchased on Aug 9th 2009, should still be under warranty right? Just asking, I know it won't get handle because how there being but I am just making sure if I am right or wrong. lol

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I used a large safety pin and tweezers to gently pick/pry the seal out.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I use tools I have to remove seals ..they are similar to dental tools only rounded soft edges.

you can use small allen wrenches or rounded pins.

I prefer to soften the edges and points on pins with sandpaper.
if you are just going to replace the seals it doesn't matter if the edges are rounded on safety pins but for inspection I prefer soft edges on tools

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
Just to be positive, the seal being bad can make it leak were water comes out of were I circle in red in this picture?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
There are 2 seals that can cause the filter to leak in that general area. The filter head seal, which is square, is located in the groove on the underside of the head and makes contact with the canister body.

The other seal is the primer pump button seal (o-ring) which is only visible when you disassemble the primer pump. Also, if the primer button is not fully retracted (up position), this could also cause some leaking.

Here is a link to similar problems.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168011&highlight=2028+leak

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store