RAFFLETASTIC! 10.5 gallon rimless hillstream nano for Saturday @ Msjinkzd's!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
IN HONOR OF THE GRAND OPENING OF INVERTS BY MSJINKZD,
WE’VE DECIDED TO BRING THE BEST OF NYC TO PENNSYLVANIA!

Inka4040 and myself present a rimless hillstream nano, complete and ready to rock.

Designed with our favorite gobies in mind, the Hillstream nano is
a high flow, well oxygenated environment, geared to promote algae
growth for small algae eaters such as the Sumatra Red Neon Goby.
The tank is perfect for small groups of hillstream species, such as
Bumble Bee Catfish, Freshwater Gobies, and Hillstream Loaches.

An instant home for 2 sweet little Sumatra Red Neon Gobies! Get ready for some algae eating fun!

COMPLETE AND READY TO RUN, THE TANK COMES WITH:
  • 10.5 GALLON RIMLESS TANK WITH ROUND CORNERS AND BLACK VINYL BACKGROUND
  • EXPANDED PVC FLOOR GUARD AND STONE RISERS
  • SUN SUN JP-022F 158GPH INTERNAL FILTER W/ VENTURI
  • AN ASSORTMENT OF RIVER STONES AND LOWLIGHT PLANTS
  • 2 SUMATRA RED NEON GOBIES (STIPHODON SP) (awesome!!!!)
  • 1 PACK OF FRESH ALGAE GEL BAKED FEEDING STONES

Inka will be posting a few shots from the package as well, including the Sumatra Red Neon Gobies, but for now, check it out!

And be sure to see Inka or myself for tickets at Msjinkzd's Open House Extravaganza!

IMG_2722.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2719.JPG

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Okey doke. This is the rockwork that will be included. Picked some of the most interesting river stones I've found in my yard over the years. The cardboard represents the actual footprint of the tank, so this is at least similar to what it'll look in the tank. Sorry, we haven't had all this stuff in the same place yet.

Left side:

Right side:

This is one of the actual gobes that the winner will be getting.

Both of them are well adjusted to all manner of aquarium food, and will take everything from algae wafers to frozen food with gusto.

Here's a dominant male from the same group to show how they color up. I'll be holding on to this guy though.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
In nature these guys rasp algae/aufwuchs off rocks as their primary diet. It's just a good way to approximate their natural feeding habits in the tank.

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
In nature these guys rasp algae/aufwuchs off rocks as their primary diet. It's just a good way to approximate their natural feeding habits in the tank.
I understand the purpose, I just don't understand exactly what they are. Do you buy them? Make them? If it was just "algae rocks" I would assume they were just regular rocks left in a bucket of water in the sun. It's the "gel" and "baked" parts that have me confused.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I make them. I mix a gelatin based food comprised of liquid marine algae, dried spirulina powder, dried chorella powder, and other goodies as available. I make frozen sticks out of them like a lipstick, and paint it onto 250º rocks, and then put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes to dry out. The result is a fairly long lasting natural stone with prepared food that the gobies love.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Great tank guys! Can you put that rock recipe for the algae gel baked feeding stones as a sticky? Its great!!!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
What a fantastic raffle prize! Like I wasn't bummed enough before about not being able to go, now I'm really bummed!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store