Marineland Stelth heater problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JimL

I know just enough to be dangerous
Mar 28, 2009
Silverdale, WA.
Well, add my name to the ever growing list of folks that have had problems with this heater. Mine stuck in the off position (thank God). I sent them a note asking for directions of how get it replaced, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Any one know of a good link to get their attention?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Jiml
it took marine land several days to get back to me.. in my case I lost expensive coral and fish. very nearly losing adult hippo tang and an adult tomini tang.

I feel lucky that I didn't lose them.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I think mine has gotten stuck ON. The day before I left for the party, I was up late (thank god), and had Matt's frag floating in the tank. I decided to check the temp, to make sure it was warm enough for the coral until I took it to him the next day, and the temp was running at 85!! I tried unplugging the heater, and letting it cool completely, turning it down, then plugging it back in, but even though the water was still running hot, it turned RIGHT back on. Luckily, I had an extra cheapie Petco heater I could throw in. It is a little small for the tank, but it isn't frying my fish.
I am going to test the heater in a bucket before I chuck it. I will make sure I post a thread if it is definitely stuck ON.

JimL

I know just enough to be dangerous
Mar 28, 2009
Silverdale, WA.
One of mine got stuck off, I called them, had a new one within a week.

Do you have the # you called handy? I had to swap the heater with the on in my 55 gallon. Oscar can take a bit of cold. But I would like it replaced as soon as possible.

slapnutz

Obsessed? Nah....
Jan 2, 2009
Kenosha, WI
do you really want a product from a company that has failed you?
i understand what you're saying, but anything that is mass produced is expected to have some fail rate. it's nice to see a company that actually offers a lifetime warranty on their product.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
do you really want a product from a company that has failed you?
i switched, i used to love stealth.
answer: No!!

I am sending the stuff back and will see if they will replace with something that works.(anything but heaters)

slapnutz, true but the rate of failure is too high.
in my case it's over 50%.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store