New 10 gallon shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BradH

AC Members
May 16, 2008
About a month or two ago I set up a new 10 gallon. I threw in some plants temporarily just to have some plants in it while I was getting it established. So I finally got around to getting it setup the way I really wanted it and here it is.

Tank: 10 Gallon
Light: Standard hood with 2 CFL 14 watt 10k daylight bulbs
Filter: Aqueon HOB that came with it
Heather: eheim jager
ferts: Flourish once a week
flora: Rotala (not sure which type), Valisneria (not sure which type), Mayaca fluviatilis, Subwassertang, Narrow leaf Java fern, marimo balls ripped open, brazilian microsword, christmass moss and Nymphaea micrantha.
fauna: 20 Yellow shrimp, 2 Sulawesi Yellow Spotted Rabbit snails, 1 Olive nerite, 5 Bumble bee nerites (clithon corona), a few pond snails, ramshorns, and mts.

Once the Rotala and Vals grow in the filter and heater will be covered.
I don't really like the Christmass moss. I just have it tucked into the crevice between rocks on the right. I'll probably post it for sale. I think I'm going to add some more marimo balls torn up to it also.

Comments, criticism, ect. are welcome.

FTS

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
very nice. did you cut the marimo like that? im very interested in how ou would cut it and what the inside looks like :p

BradH

AC Members
May 16, 2008
Thanks everyone for the compliments. The left hand side in front of the filter and heater don't look that great, but I'm hoping when the plants grow in that will look good. This was my first attempt at an actual aqua-scape. I have a 29 gallon also, but it's more a natural looking biotope planted tank, as opposed to this one.

very nice. did you cut the marimo like that? im very interested in how ou would cut it and what the inside looks like :p
I bought 2 marimo balls that were about the size of a tennis ball from the lfs. I just grabbed it an opened it up with my hands. I didn't cut it and it really just sort of opened up. Sort of like if you ripped open an orange peel or something. The inside looks just like the outside. I will say this though. I had 2 small marimo along time ago and they were really soft. These 2 that I bought were really solid all the way through. I could probably stretch and pull on them some more and make them bigger. Their about 1 maybe 1 /12 inch thick laid out like that.

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
Very nice scape. Great job; I'm jealous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store