Victor VTS 252c regulator build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
So as many of you guys know i picked up a used Victor regulator off of ebay for 99 cents. Origianly this regulator was used for hydrogen gas but after i switched out the CGA 350 fitting to our standard CGA 320 fitting i was good to go. I took apart my milwakee regulator and took the solinoid needle valve bubble counter and inline NV-55 fabco needle valve and attached it to my victor regulator.

Here are some pictures. I think i may upgrade my needle valve and solinoid in the future when i get more money. So far this upgrade has cost me 24 dollars including shipping for all the parts.

I also want to thank leftc for helping me out with this project.

So far the regulator seems to working great.

mms_picture (3).jpg mms_picture_2 (1).jpg mms_picture_3.jpg

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
Can i ask why?
I just find that it is easier to adjust needle valves with a little bit of lower pressure pushing on them. Will mean you need to adjust your NV again. You dont really have to do anything with it if it is already set, but if you ever need to slow your bubble rate for some reason, lower your pressure instead of closing up your nv. Sorry, sometimes I forget to explain the 'why' when I throw statements out there.

Looks like a nice setup!

Last edited:

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
I just find that it is easier to adjust needle valves with a little bit of lower pressure pushing on them. Sorry, sometimes I forget to explain the 'why' when I throw statements out there.

Looks like a nice setup!
Yeah thanks a lot. I'm supper excited about that. On my milwakee set up the pressure was 20psi so i decided for the sake of consistency i'd just keep it the same to keep my co2 levels consistent. I guess i'll try to drop it down slowly and adjust my co2 to make sure my levels are optimal.

Coach.... i remember seeing that you have access to ideal needle valves? Is that still the case? or is my memory wrong.

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
Yeah thanks a lot. I'm supper excited about that. On my milwakee set up the pressure was 20psi so i decided for the sake of consistency i'd just keep it the same to keep my co2 levels consistent. I guess i'll try to drop it down slowly and adjust my co2 to make sure my levels are optimal.

Coach.... i remember seeing that you have access to ideal needle valves? Is that still the case? or is my memory wrong.
Still the case! I should have them before 2011. (I cant read, i am getting fabco valves...not ideal valves)
I also have check valves, and hose barbs.

BTW...i updated my post while you were quoting me, i added another sentence or two.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store