Jebo products. Good or Bad?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

damselmaster

AC Members
Sep 23, 2005
I have noticed you can score some really cheap skimmers and PC hoods off Ebay and the company that manufactures these products is called Jebo. I did some yahooing and it appears the company is chinese.

Are these products any good?

Quality wise?

Are replacement parts generic like bulbs for the hoods etc of do you have to buy "special" Jebo bulbs.

Thanks in advance.

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
I have no experience with the products but Blinky has some.

(I think she said) Factor in the cost of replacement bulbs for the bad jebo's, because the unit's replacements can be pricy.

uses regular pc bulbs

The MH I heard a report on reefcentral of a capacitator catching on fire!
(I dunno If I can find the thread though, around there threads are long gone after one day......not the same here.....thats why I like AC!)

jsschrstrcks

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
jebo skimmer x_X

i bought the jebo skimmer off of ebay, and do not like it at all. in about 10 minutes the container that holds the skimate is full. the pump that is shipped with it is far to large i think is the problem. i had a smaller one lying around, and hooked it up. but it still fills in a matter of a few hours. I'm fairly new to this (about a year and a half) i guess, and maybe they are supposed to fill up in a few hours, but i doubt it.

i recently left on vacation for a month, and the parents did a wonderfull job of taking care of the fish. the flame scallop i had had since the end of the initial cycle died, and so did my clown fish etc .... so i am pretty much starting over....

any way i hope that helps, i would avoid jebo... but the decision is yours.

jec0995

AC Members
Nov 10, 2005
Ohio
I've had Jebo compact flourescent fixtures on my tank for 3 years now with the original bulbs and they still work great. They even grow plants well. In fact, I just bought another fixture from Aquatrader.com that's a Jebo product. I've never had a problem with them. I know other people who really like their lights as well.

There's the old saying though: "you get what you pay for." Not sure I believe it about these products but just mentioning it. Good luck in your decision.

Jimmy

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
I've heard nothing but bad things about Jebo's skimmers, but when I checked arround, their lights seemed ok. When I found a setup on ebay for 260watts plus moonlights for under $100 I had to check it out... Everything came shipped great and It all works... I love my Jebo lights and I'd say they're the best $120 bucks I've spent in a long time... (It cost about $20 to ship them to my front door)

That said,
Jebo Skimmers pumps etc = BAD
Jebo PC Lights = Good

-LS

Crown Royal

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Like many other Jebo products, their skimmers are reverse-engineered clone jobs of better-known but pricier products. With skimmers, it's your standard Euro-reef clone. ASM and Precision Marine, among others, make very similar skimmers with more established reputations.

I wouldn't touch any of their electrical products with a 10-foot pole. The ones that I've seen had neither a UL listing nor CSA approval and had no manufacturer's warranty. The materials quality and manufacturing tolerances were poor compared to, say, an Aqualight or a Teklight. The "actinic" bulbs appeared to be simply blue-tinted. For every positive review of the lights there are a disturbing number of "my ballasts died after 2 days" or "the unit caught on fire" experiences.

It's your money and their products are cheap, but it's a bit like Russian roulette.

jsschrstrcks

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
i do have a jebo uv sterilizer on a pond that works really well... took the green right out of the water :) no fires, explosions, *OR* fish lost to electrocution while using the unit LOL.

seriously though it has been in continuos use for about 4 months and it has worked fine... it kind of sounds like they are a mixed bag x.x maybe you will get a good one maybe not. if i had it to do over i would definitely bought some other brand of skimmer.

dementedlullaby

AC Members
Dec 29, 2005
The problem with made in China is the quality control isn't as high as it could be....I'm not saying all companies have this problem(I've very much enjoyed Aqua One's tanks and ballasts). Jebo does have this problem though. Some of their stuff works great for one person but for another, it's crap. I have one LFS who sells their tanks. They know I don't buy my tanks there so they're pretty straight up with telling me feedback from customers. There are a few that come back complaining about certain problems.

Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store