mandarin goby help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bloo1987

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
CA
OMGOSH!!! My mandarin goby was doing fine yesterday and looked great,tonight when i came back it lost most of its color and looks real sick. May even have white spots. Can someone help me I dont want to lose it. Its so beautiful!! I checked my levels everything is fine. It could be ich? Someone help please.

Maybe this would help. I have a blackfoot trochus snail. And today when i accidently knocked it off the glass it let out some white stuff into the water. Maybe a defense mechanism? Dont know if this caused anything to my fish.

Last edited:

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
You are going to need to post your tank specs - size, amount of live rock, ammonia, ph, nitrates etc... as well as how long you have had the mandarin and what it is eating.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
last night, were the lights off or about to go off?
look at it this morning wh;en the lights come on

the snail was jsut spawning, which is a defense mechanism in a awy

bloo1987

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
CA
i have a 55gl tank.
50lbs of LR
ammonia - 0
pH - 8.4
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10

Had the mandarin goby for about like 2-3 weeks. eating what it eats. I had the lights off and when i just turned it on to look at everything it was wheni was it was looking bad and lost its color.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
is it still looking bad? they do turn white and breathy really slowly at night. alot of fish do when they are sleeping.
mine does it every night and in the morning is doing great again once she wakes up.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
haha
yeah, the first night i had it, i was looking around my reef for different hitchickers with a flashlight at like 11-12 pm and i saw a completly white mandarin taking a breath like every 2-3 seconds with some sand stuch to his mucus layer and i was like, HOLY CRAP!!!
and then i realized that my valentini in one of my fowlrs does the same thing. next morning, perfectly fine. every other night, looks the same way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store