driftwood

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. W

Will clown pleco destroy driftwood over time?

This might be a silly question.. I have a clown pleco in my tank. He currently has a piece of driftwood in the tank as I have read it is necessary for their diet. He doesn't seem to hang around it much but I assume he comes out at night to munch on it. I recently decided I want to put in a...
  2. H

Can I use Bougainvillea wood as driftwood in freshwater aquarium?

Can we use bougainvillea wood as driftwood in aquarium ? Has anyone experience using it ? I have some 5-6 years old dry bougainvillea branches with me. I was hoping to boil it and use it in aquarium.
  3. S

FS aquatic plant supplements, driftwood, reptile setup Elizabeth, NJ

I am selling a bunch of aquatic plant supplements. they are: 1-API Leaf Zone Plant Food(unopened), 1 package of API root tabs(unopened), 1-Seachem Flourish Excel 500ml,1-Seachem Flourish Potassium 250ml,1-Seachem Flourish Trace 250ml, (note: the seachem flourish have been opened and only used...
  4. M

Driftwood

Even though I thoroughly boiled my driftwood before adding it to the tank, it still changed the color of my water...should I have let it soak for a couple days before adding it to the tank, or is this just a sign to momentarily chuck out the wood?
  5. Teddy's Mom

Catappa leaves, peat, driftwood that leaches tannins--pros/cons?

Hi all, I've been reading about how many tropical fish like to have peat, or Catappa leaves, and/or tannins in the water, and am confused about whether these things are interchangeable, or provide different benefits, and whether tannins in general from driftwood are a good thing/just as good. I...
  6. Teddy's Mom

Do live plants or driftwood affect the cycling process?

I've just set up my first tank, 37 gallons with a few pieces of driftwood (which are leaching tannins into the water so it's kind of the color of weak tea) and maybe 10 or 15 medium & small plants. I'm wondering if the plants or wood will have any effect on cycling. My understanding is that many...
  7. S

Where to buy plants?

Over the next few weeks I will be starting two new tanks, a 55g and a 20g. I like the look of tanks with lots of plants and anticipate wanting medium or low light plants. Any suggestions for good places to buy lots of healthy plants at a good price? And suggestions for where to purchase good...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store