cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. M

For Sale | Electric Blue Acara Cichlid Fry | $3 each | Phoenixville,Pa | Pickup Only

What type of listing is this?: For Sale What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Electric Blue Acara Cichlid Fry What are your prices?: 3 each Where are you located?: Phoenixville,Pa Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Only Description: I have a pair of Electric Blue Acara Cichlids that had a bunch...
  2. wickette

New setup compatibility

Hi All, I just finished a home made tank. Here's what I had in mind Paradise Fish (1 male, and add 2 females if have space) Yo Yo Loach (3-4) Aapistogramma (3-5 various species) Leapord Gourami (2) Dwarf Gourami (1) Pearl Gourami (1-2) German Blue Ram (1) Kribensis (1 -2) Clown Pleco (1)...
  3. K

First cichlid tank suggestions

Hey all, this is my first post here. Sorry ahead of time if it's a lot at once :eek: I'm thinking of setting up a 75 gallon with an assortment of peacock cichlids and wanted some help setting it up! It'd be a standard 75 gallon tank, and for filtration I'm going to build a sump and refugium so I...
  4. D

Cichclids Fish

Hey Guys, This is my first post here, needed some advice for the cichlids. I usually have all the tropical fish but one of my buddies is moving out of town and is giving me all his fishes which are cichlids. All I know about cichlids is that they're aggressive and won't pair with the tropical...
  5. K

What disease is this?

White spots all over a pair of Blue Acara. Originally thought maybe ich, but treated for that with no success. Spots have since spread and in some areas look fuzzy. Thinking maybe a fungus but not sure. Started treating two days ago with Pimafix but has only gotten worse over the last couple of...
  6. N

I need help sexing and tips for my new salvini cichlids

i just received my 3 salvini cichlids and I'm having a really hard time sexing them. To me it seems i have 2 males and 1 female i was hoping for 2 females and 1 male. i have them in a 75 gallon with a lot of hiding spacesand i will post some photos of them tomorrow I'm trying to let the get calm...
  7. S

Looking for rocks to put in my tank

hello new here currently I have slate and large river stones as caves and hiding spots but I’m not sold on it and not a huge fan. So looking for something different, any ideas or direction would be great
  8. D

Electric Blue Acara x Green Terror Hybrid?

Hi guys, so I have a Electric Blue Acara and a Green Terror. They occasionally show breeding behaviors. Especially the Green Terror. He would shake like crazy and sometimes bite on something and shake. Meanwhile, the Electric Blue Acara seems like it's mimicking the Green Terror. Is it possible...
  9. B

Need Advice! just relocated

Hi, I just relocated my 3 cichlids from a 40 gal to a 55 gal. I never had sand substrate before and its looking very good so far. I got 2 ghost shrimp and a peacock eel in there with the 3 cichlids...everyones living in harmony so far but I need advice on what all I need in the tank to make...
  10. K

Looking for help with my first Angelfish tank!

I've been thinking about putting angelfish in our 55 gallon aquarium eventually, but I've never had angelfish before and have a lot of questions. I'm sorry this is so long. First off, what kind of water would be best? I know they prefer softer, slightly acidic water but my water is the opposite...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store