disease

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Sick tetra possibly shimmies?

My husband and I recently got a 37 gallon fish tank. We got it set up and had some issues cycling the tank. Long story short, after a month and restarting the tank it finally cycled. Yay us. We are now 2 weeks into a cycled tank with ammonia and nitrate/nitrite levels at 0 and a ph of 7.2. Water...
  2. K

Red markings on angel fish

Hi everyone I need your help or your thoughts about my angel fishes. My angel fishes are having some red markings where dorsal fin and pectoral fin starts and above mouth. Should I be worried about because those markings are growing as the size of fish in increasing. Hope it's just a...
  3. R

PEARL GOURAMI SICK??? HELP!

I have a 20g tank just her and LG pleco, had her for about 2 yed. What are the dark spots appearing and what about the fraying of her tail find? I've only just noticed the spots the last couple of days. Seems to be eating decent, and acts a bit lethargic. What could this be?
  4. K

What disease is this?

White spots all over a pair of Blue Acara. Originally thought maybe ich, but treated for that with no success. Spots have since spread and in some areas look fuzzy. Thinking maybe a fungus but not sure. Started treating two days ago with Pimafix but has only gotten worse over the last couple of...
  5. M

Neon Tetra: Sick or Normal Behaviour?

Hello everyone, I'm a new aquarist. I don't have the readings of my water on hand, but my local aquarium shopkeeper told me everything is in tip top shape after taking a reading before I started adding fish. Two days ago I purchased 6 Neon Tetras and 1 Sewellia Lineolata. My question is in...
  6. PhaiFan

Why are my bettas dying??

Hello everyone I have lost several betta fish for reasons I can't identify. I am not a newbie. I've had various types of fish and aquariums for most of my life. Some of my bettas have lived well over a year, but I seem to be losing some after only a few months. All of them are kept in 1.5...
  7. Q

Planaria in Scud/Daphnia culture

Hello all! I'm a new member, though I've been coming to AC for many years now for questions I had. Unfortunately this time, there are no current threads (to my knowledge) that answer my question. Here's a little backstory: A couple of years ago I attained a bunch of microorganisms & scuds...
  8. N

Help needed... neon tetra on his own...

Hi I'm new here... I've kept fish before but not for a long time since I was a teenager and my daughter wanted a tropical tank so I was dead excited to help her set it up! So recently set up a 10 gallon tank with heater filter etc let it run for 7 days after using the tap safe additive and went...
  9. G

My Goldfish died mysteriously?

To begin, I am an inexperienced fish keeper. I have two goldfish (or had, now that one has died) in a ten gallon tank. One is a Shubunkin, and the other was a comet. My Ammonia is at 0, there are no live plants in the tank, and I have a filter. Before you yell at me for having two goldfish that...
  10. R

Male betta fish with silver/ cloudy white looking jaw

I adopted a red male betta fish from a cheap side road shop this year and he has gone through some tough times due too my lack of experience. He has jumped out of a bowl while I changed his tank and suffered a damaged fin. It has healed and he seems fine but about six months later, after leaving...
  11. P

Pufferfish illness

Does anyone know what kind of internal diseases affect Green Spooted pufferfish? How does one treat it?
  12. 0

Cory Killer!

Specs 10 gal 9 neons (healthy) 1 Juli cory (healthy??) black sand blasting sand (very fine) Ph 7.4 Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10ppm Ive gone through 4 juli corys now. I don't know what to do? They usually die the day after I get them are eating and acting normal just a few hours before there...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store