feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

What *specific* food should I feed my bamboo shark?

first post on this site, so be nice 😅 Anyways, I've been planning on getting a brownbanded bamboo shark, but I'm not sure exactly what to feed it? Every site and post I've seen mention shrimp, squids, fish, etc, but not a single one has mentioned a specific species. Does it matter? Is there any...
  2. C

Algae Tablets Freshwater “New Tank”

I have a two plecos mixed in with a few other fish. They have all been moved to a brand new 60 Gallon Tank “treated with conditioner, bacteria, and set at the right temp”. I have previously used Algae Wafers for the two Plecos in a tank and it caused one of the balloon belly Mollys to die. Is...
  3. T

Betta Feeding Question

Hi there. New to group and have a few things I need to learn from you guys about in different areas of the forum. For one though, I have a male veiltail in a 10 gallon tank along with a dwarf sucker, panda catfish, and an amano shrimp (hoping to get more shrimp soon). I've had all in the tank...
  4. Jazmin0303

Betta 10gal Help Once Again

so I recently made a post on what kind of fish to have in a 10 gal with a Betta and a snail and was in the process of cycling said tank. Unfortunately, my boyfriend’s grandma’s Betta fish was in need of something better than a bowl, literally so close to dying that I needed to get him into my...
  5. The Dave

Incredible surgery on a fish egg using 2 sewing needles !!!

SURGERY ON A FISH EGG ! ( a tale of aquatic morality ) Hello, everyone I recently had a Golden Wonder Killifish that hatched from its egg, but failed to completely break free of the egg membrane. Its head was still stuck inside the egg, while only the tail was free! I found the fry about 24...
  6. The Dave

A Golden Wonder Killifish Leaping Out Of The Water To Catch Live Crickets !

A Fish With Three Eyes ! Killifish are some of the most colorful and interesting freshwater fish that we have in the hobby. In fact, some species could very well be the most colorful freshwater fish on the planet ! However, they are rarely seen in stores, so very few of us are familiar with...
  7. M

Injured Comet Gold fish in outdoor pond

Hi, My fish pond was recently attacked by something that killed one of my oldest Comets by biting only the mouth off and the second that I thought was dead was still alive. His mouth was injured as well and I was certain he would die but he survived and is swimming around with an injured fin...
  8. J

FW MORAY EEL

SO I PURCHASED A FW MORAY EEL AT MY LFS, WHICH I AM GREAT FRIENDS WITH SINCE BIRTH. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH THE EEL AS I SEEN IT. BOUGHT IT, KNOWING MY OTHER BUDDIES HAVE KEPT THEM IN FW, NOT BRACKISH WITH GREAT LUCK. BUT ITS BEEN ABOUT 4 DAYS AND STILL HASNT EATEN. I HAVE 3 OTHER BICHIRS, A ROPE...
  9. The Dave

The Best Video You've Ever Seen On Growing and Feeding The Vinegar Eel To Your Fish. . .

One of the easiest ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. However, most live food cultures can be difficult to keep going over the long run. One exception is the vinegar eel. These creatures are incredibly easy to raise and feed to...
  10. The Dave

The Pink Ramshorn Snail - - nursery maids, fry saver, nightmare ?

The ramshorn snail is often seen as an aquarium pest that people want to avoid. However, they only pose a problem in an aquarium that is unbalanced. When the aquarist adds too much food to the tank, the ramshorn snails take advantage of the abundance and breed at an alarming rate. Population...
  11. The Dave

A great video for anyone interested in breeding guppies and endler livebearers

Hello everyone, I breed N-Class Endlers ( Black Bars) and Guppy / Endler hybrids. Does anyone here keep these fish? I have N-class Endlers in one room and guppy hybrids in another. When I have to cull N-class fish, I put them in my hybrid tanks, and the results are amazing. They are very...
  12. The Dave

feeding mosquito larvae to a rosetail betta

Has anyone here ever fed their mosquito larvae to their Betta ? They love it, and it's fun to watch them chasing the larvae all around the tank. I put out several containers of water in a shady area near my home every year to allow mosquitos to lay their eggs in the water. I check it everyday...
  13. The Dave

How to grow microworms to feed to your fish

One of the best ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. Microworms are a great choice for feeding small fry. These roundworms are a free-living (non-parasitic) nematode that is also known as the sour paste nematode. They are very easy...
  14. The Dave

culturing and feeding vinegar eels to your fish

One of the easiest ways to improve the growth rate of newborn fish is to give them ample supplies of healthy live foods. However, most live food cultures can be difficult to keep going over the long run. One exception is the vinegar eel. These creatures are incredibly easy to raise and feed to...
  15. The Dave

The Armoured Bichir, a living fossil ( polypterus delhezi )

The Bichir is also known as the polypterus, and it is one of the most primitive fish commonly available in the pet trade today. It is really a living fossil. They are also one of the few fish that has lobed-fins and two lungs. In this professionally produced, high definition video, we will see...
  16. The Dave

Keeping and breeding the Mystery Snail ( apple snail )

This high definition video will teach you everything you need to know about keeping, feeding, and breeding mystery snails. It is professionally filmed and narrated, and covers all aspects of this wonderful creature. Give this video a look and you will gain a whole new appreciation for the "...
  17. chub04

Feeding Hillstream Loaches with Goldfish

Any suggestions on what I should be feeding my Hillstream Loaches that I have in my Goldfish tank? I've been feeding them Yams, I put a couple about half inch slices in there. For the most part the Goldfish leave the yams alone, only nipping at it every once in awhile, but I'm looking for more...
  18. The Dave

Keeping, feeding, and breeding Mystery Snails.

I love Mystery Snails ( Pomacea diffusa ) I always have, and I have noticed that there is a lot of incorrect information out there. I made a video to correct that problem. I hope you enjoy it.
  19. F

Feeding Yellow Labs

Just picked up 9 yellow labs for 90g tank Sunday. Forgot to ask the previous owner what he fed them and have yet to hear back. Gave flake and pellets. Paid no attention to flakes and pellets, for the most part, would be spit out. Think they're still stressed from the move/new environment? will...
  20. K

Getting back into things: intro + betta feeding question

This post is more as a brief intro than to seek any specific help, so I hope it's in the right place! I got really interested in fish about five years ago when I "rescued" a feeder goldfish that one of my (former) friends had won at a fair and planned to feed to his pet alligator. That little...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store