breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. NicePoeci

"Freshwater" Flounder

So a local pet shop here in Las Vegas had about 7 of these "freshwater" flounders for sale that they were kept in entirely freshwater. They were on bare bottom glass and super stressed out and I had a sandy 75 gallon I thought would be perfect for them considering they were about 2" long at that...
  2. B

Breeding Red Rosey feeders!! Need HELP!!

I just set up my 29 gallon tank and i want to know what is the best way to breed rosey's.. should i buy like a bunch of them and see if they mate or what should I do to get them to breed
  3. J

Crossbreeding Borelli Opal and Non-Opal

Hi everyone, so turns out that I have 3 Apistogramma Borelli Opal females and a Non opal male. I talked to the storeowner I bought them from and he confirmed that the male I bought from him is not an opal male. Now my question is wether they will breed, or even tolerate each other. As far as I...
  4. J

Do I have 2 Ap. Borelli Females?

Hi everyone, I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a pair of Apistogramma Borelli and added then to my community Tank, (Neon-Tetras, Amanos). They were a lot smaller on pickup and had no color. They were rather territorial and fought each other every now and then. But they are evenly matched and no...
  5. S

Snail breeding

Around 9 months ago I purchased a few blue Leopard rams horn snails. At first they breeding well but due to adverse tank conditions they stoped growing to full size for a wile. I now have them back on track and hope to selectively breed Them to high quality. I would like to hear about any other...
  6. J

Is my Swordtail sterile?

Hi, I have had 2 pineapple swordtails for about a year now and my female has never had any fry! I have seen them mate multiple times but nothing ever comes of it. My female is really big and sometimes aggressive, especially during feeding but the pair get along fine. My females belly gets really...
  7. D

Dwarf Honey Gourami Aggressive Male

It's 20g long tank Tank Mate: 3 DHG, 1 Nerite Snail, looking to add few Amano Shrimps Nitrate: 15 ~20 Nitrite: 0 Ammonia: 0 GH: 100 KH: 50 PH: 7.0 I have 2 female and 1 male Dwarf Honey Gouramis in this tank. There were peaceful when I got them (about 2 months ago). Male tried to breed with one...
  8. J

How to raise peacock grudgeon eggs and what to feed fry?

Hi, just today i discovered that one of my pvc pipes were filled with peacock eggs and according to what it said online i removed the parents into another tank and now have both a filter for the tank and a bubbler that i believe is strong enough to keep the eggs moving in order to prevent...
  9. The Dave

An amazing video about the Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher)

The Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) is probably the easiest cichlid to maintain and breed. In fact, due to their small size ( 3-4 inches / 7.6 - 10 cm ), hardy, adaptable nature, and ease of breeding, this fish is probably the ideal cichlid for anyone that is taking their first steps into...
  10. The Dave

The Kribensis ( Pelvicachromis pulcher )

The Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) is probably the easiest cichlid to maintain and breed. In fact, due to their small size ( 3-4 inches / 7.6 - 10 cm ), hardy, adaptable nature, and ease of breeding, this fish is probably the ideal cichlid for anyone that is taking their first steps into...
  11. H

pregnant platy??

hiii I just bought 2 new platies and I'm almost positive they're both pregnant???
  12. M

Looking for L144 Plecos

I am looking to purchase a mature breeding pair of L144 Plecos, Longfin would be preferred. I am also interested in some Super Reds, Calico, or another strain similar. MUST be BN Pleco! Reply if you have any.
  13. Neutral_Water

What Did I Just Order?...

Hey, recently I purchased 400-600 aka 2 medium sized bags 'Java moss grass' for my neon tetras after receiving some quality info on how to breed my pregnant neon tetra by some community members. After a lovely madam on this site told me Java Moss doesn't produce seeds and after a quick search I...
  14. The Dave

Incredible surgery on a fish egg using 2 sewing needles !!!

SURGERY ON A FISH EGG ! ( a tale of aquatic morality ) Hello, everyone I recently had a Golden Wonder Killifish that hatched from its egg, but failed to completely break free of the egg membrane. Its head was still stuck inside the egg, while only the tail was free! I found the fry about 24...
  15. D

Electric Blue Acara x Green Terror Hybrid?

Hi guys, so I have a Electric Blue Acara and a Green Terror. They occasionally show breeding behaviors. Especially the Green Terror. He would shake like crazy and sometimes bite on something and shake. Meanwhile, the Electric Blue Acara seems like it's mimicking the Green Terror. Is it possible...
  16. The Dave

A Golden Wonder Killifish Leaping Out Of The Water To Catch Live Crickets !

A Fish With Three Eyes ! Killifish are some of the most colorful and interesting freshwater fish that we have in the hobby. In fact, some species could very well be the most colorful freshwater fish on the planet ! However, they are rarely seen in stores, so very few of us are familiar with...
  17. Its_my_puppys_tank

Pregnant or possibly pregnant black molly, what is normal?

I got two black mollies probably just about a month ago. I think they are bother female (help sexing would also be appreciated). I have been feeding them and watching all the fish in my tank and I thought that the one was being a piggy and getting fat. Last night I came home and spotted a little...
  18. S

Gourami builds bubble nests but bubbles seem to "pop" and disappear!

So I paired up my male blue gourami and female gourami together in an attempt to make them breed. The tank has more than enough space and the female has plenty of spots to hide. After about 3 days of pairing them my male gourmai is starting to build a bubble nest. His colours are much darker...
  19. N

Dumb male guppie

Basically I got a tank a few weeks ago and waited till only a few days ago to put the fish in. I have 3 Platy fish, 2 guppies, 2 angel fish. My problem is that the male guppie pays almost no attention to the female guppie whatso ever. He occasionally chases the Platys, and even when he's not...
  20. The Dave

The Ramshorn snail, nursery maid, fry tank attendant, or nightmare ?

The ramshorn snail is often seen as an aquarium pest that people want to avoid. However, they only pose a problem in an aquarium that is unbalanced. When the aquarist adds too much food to the tank, the ramshorn snails take advantage of the abundance and breed at an alarming rate. Population...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store