salt

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Teddy's Mom

Multiple newbie questions

Hi, I have a bunch more questions for you experienced fish keepers. :-) 1) How to clean the substrate of a planted tank without disrupting the plants? What about when plants get really dense? 2) Is there a rule of thumb for how many gallons per hour you need your filter to turn over? 3) Tips...
  2. A

Sick young flowerhorn?

I just bought a young (3 1/2 inch) flowerhorn 5 days ago. She is currently in a 70 gallon tank that was cycled with 6 giant danios for 5 weeks. The danios were removed just prior to me putting her in the tank. She was terrified and not eating from the moment I brought her home. After some...
  3. tommy d

seachem

Need some info about Seachem Cichlid Lake Salt. I purchased a container of Seachem Cichlid Lake Salt and I’m not quite satisfied with the product. I have an aquarium stocked with Malawi cichlids and in the past have been using Epsom Salts to help replicate the environment. I’ve had no issues...
  4. R

Question about sterilizing wood

Hi! Being that I'm on a budget, I need to be a little creative with decorating my tank. On a whim, I went to a local reservoir today to hunt for some driftwood. I also scoured my backyard and found a log I'm extremely excited about using in my tank. However, they're so large that I can't boil...
  5. R

Vaporization for Marine salt?

Instead of buying marine salt from my local pet store, may I extract the salt directly from the bay? I am creating a brackish crabitat for my friends fiddlers (lets just say he forgot to do research).
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store