tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Sick tetra possibly shimmies?

My husband and I recently got a 37 gallon fish tank. We got it set up and had some issues cycling the tank. Long story short, after a month and restarting the tank it finally cycled. Yay us. We are now 2 weeks into a cycled tank with ammonia and nitrate/nitrite levels at 0 and a ph of 7.2. Water...
  2. Stormyrose786

Tetra with shimmies?

I keep reading shimmies is common in mollies & guppies. I have mollies, guppies, tetras, & bottom feeders. The other night, I noticed one tetra looked like it was dancing, but it also didn't look right, & didn't stop...hasn't stopped. I knew my tank had high nitrates, but I had already gotten...
  3. P

Fish Bloated Or Sick?

I’ve had some black widow tetra in my 90l tank for quite a while now 3-4+ months and they’ve been quite fine however today I noticed one of them with what looks to be quite bloated and has to keep using his fins to keep himself from dropping to the bottom of the tank. I’ve struggled to get good...
  4. R

Fish Keep Dying in My Freshwater Tank

Hello! I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank. I purchased it and let it sit for four days before introducing a glow light neon tetra and a powder blue dwarf gourami. The glow light neon tetra died and I bought two of the traditional neon tetras. They died within a few hours of me putting them in...
  5. D

40 gallon pearl gourami

Would a pearl gourami be fine with a small shoal of Buenos Aires tetra in a 40 gallon breeder or would the tetras nip at the gourami?
  6. B

Mixing tetra glow fish

Hello, I have one tank with 3 tetra glow fish about 2-3 years old. In another tank I have another 3 that i have had for about 2 months. I want to move the younger 3 to my main tank, but concerned the older 3 might pick on the them. Thoughts? Thanks in advanced
  7. F

Stocking a 5 gal

Hi, I'm setting up a new 5 gallon tank, and I kinda had an idea of what to stock it with but I want to make sure it's not out of the question. I intended it to originally be for a betta, but I'd like to add some tank mates. I've read that neon tetras do well with them, but I've seen people say...
  8. S

Delta Guppy not moving

-10G tank, 78 degrees F -1 male Betta, 3 male tequila sunrise delta guppies, 3 male silver tip tetras -50% water change done on the 13th due to clouding water, added tbsp salt -KH 80 ppm -GH 120 ppm -pH 7.0 -Nitrate 20 ppm -Nitrite 0 ppm -Ammonia 0 One of the sunrise delta guppy’s seems very...
  9. K

Surprise baby tetra in our goldfish tank??

Okay, so this is a very weird situation, so I decided forums would be better because google only tells you so much. I recently added a bunch of new plants to my 150L goldfish tank, the store we bought the plants from had a bunch of fish in the plant tank, no big deal, pretty normal. However...
  10. H

Tetras for Riverine Aquarium

Do any of you know any tetras that put I could in a riverine aquarium with heavy flow? If not tetras then small schooling south american fish?
  11. J

Tetra tank question

Hello, I'm just starting my first tank. I was wonder if 16gal would be enough for 12 tetras( 6 neon and 6 phantom), 2 dwarf frogs and some snails? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
  12. S

Doh.. my poor Glow-light Tetra...

Okay, I was just watching my fish and noticed one of my glow-light tetras was having some hard times swimming. It looks a little bloated and the other Glow-light tetra nearby has been swimming along side him But as I upload the photo I took, I noticed the fish is.. umm.. now floating upside...
  13. S

My first tank

Hello! I'm rather new to full tank setups and thought a site like this would help me learn a lot. That being said can I get some opinions on how I want my first real tank to be set up? It's gonna be kinda long I'm sorry So I have a zebra danio glofish (mtn dew) in a 1.5 gallon right now so that...
  14. Xabbusan

67 Gallon - The Plan... advice?

Hi all (first post!!) I recently picked up a 67 gallon tank and have been trying to come up with a good community tank stock. I have gone through a few different ideas but this is what I have landed on right now. I am now looking for some advice from people who have kept some of these fish to...
  15. N

Fungus killed everything... almost. HELP

So I had a very stable set up in my 5 gal Fluval Spec tank for about 4 - 5 months with my Betta. I then added 5 baby neons to the tank (with the intention uparading later). Everything went well for several weeks, then a fungus bloomed and killed the neons. In a panic, I contacted my LFS, but now...
  16. N

Betta is in imminent danger... help!

So I had a very stable set up in my 5 gal Fluval Spec tank for about 4 - 5 months with my Betta. I then added 5 baby neons to the tank. I plan(ned) on upgrading to a 20g.... Everything went well for several weeks, then a fungus bloomed and killed the neons. In a panic, I contacted my LFS, but...
  17. R

38 gallon tankmate suggestions?

Planted tank, with 6 yellow glofish and a couple firemouths. Think I'll be adding a couple ottos as well, or possibly a bristlenose pleco. But wondering about a gaggle of tetras. I've been to LFS, only has head and taillights, red eyes and candy canes. Think their colours are too similar to the...
  18. M

Help with Tank and Neon Tetras please!?

Hi, I could really use your insight! So we are brand new to this and we know we've made some mistakes. We're learning and the number one thing we've learned is don't trust the advice of the people at Petco :/ We've been set up for about 2 weeks. We let the tank cycle without fish for about 5...
  19. P

Check my fish list please!

Hi! I'm setting up a 150 gallon tank and here's the species I'm thinking I want in it: Cory Severum Geophagus tapajos Angel fish Some kind of tetra or possibly cherry barbs Rams Apistogrammas Bn pleco Rainbow shark Fire eel Dwarf or blue gouramis (which would be better?) Kribensis (I know...
  20. B

Sharing My Beautiful 55g long community tank !!

Hey All, This is my first post on this forum starting by posting a short video clip of my 55g community tank. Hope you all like it :-) ADMINS - can delete or move the thread to appropriate category if its not in the right place :-)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store