tetras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Green neon tetras disappear in the night.

I recently bought 12 half inch or so green neon tetras. They swam around fine throughout the day.. but when I turn the lights out for the night and come back the next morning. Some of them disappeared. It’s been happening every night, same routine, now I’m down to just one left. I can’t seem to...
  2. S

Dull White Spots and Growth on Glofish

Hello and help!! I have a 55 gallon long tank set up with 6 Glofish and 1 white skirt tetra, 6 neon tetras, 8 bloodfin tetras, 4 albino cories, 2 B.n. plecos (at about 3 and 4 inches) and 1 rainbow shark. The tank has been up for 2 months now. All of my fish are active and eating well/acting...
  3. FishL0ver

Mosquito Fish Trouble

I have a male mosquito fish who is all by himself. I would like to move him into my tetra tank with 8 tetras and 3 long finned danios. Will the mosquito fish attack the fish? I also have a 20 gallon tank that I think I am going to convert into a tiger barb tank. Would he be better off in this tank?
  4. K

Angelfish, Shark and ?

Hi all. I have an 80 gallon setup with a pair of Angelfish and a rainbow shark. Was initially worried about putting those together but it's been a couple of weeks and everyone is happy. They go their separate ways and pay no attention to each other. Plenty of rocks and plants. With a tank this...
  5. S

Missing Betta

It's been about 8 years since I last posted... But I am curious.. I recently bought a crown-fin betta for my son about a month ago and last night I couldn't find him. Today he's still not there. I did a partial water change and pulled out the decorations. His body isnt anywhere in the tank or...
  6. Neutral_Water

Neon Tetra Help, Please, Thanks.

Hey, I'm new to this forum and recently got eight neon tetras and had the recruit mistake of releasing them immediately into my tank after letting them rest on top of the water for about five minutes. I'm quite sure my ammonia, nitrates and nitrites are low. (If this can aid in helping me I have...
  7. A

29 gallon tank stocking ideas

Hi! So I have a 29 gallon freshwater tropical community tank that's well established and I'm looking into some compatible tank mates for the fish I already have. I own (2) angelfish, (2) flame dwarf gouramis, (1) platy, and (4) cory cats. I've been considering ram cichlids, cherry/amano shrimp...
  8. K

Adopted fish suggestions

Hi all! I'm a semi-newbie. For about the past year I've had a 5 gallon tank with a betta and a bristlenose pleco (temporary to eat the algae bloom, planned to get a larger tank for the pleco). That tank has a filter and heater and is fine. I was looking for a larger tank on Craigslist and...
  9. C

Tetras

Hello, I am having quite the trouble picking out which type of fish would fit nicely in my 55gl community tank. So far, I have 6 julii cories and 6 rummynose tetras (getting more soon). My stock plan is to add 6 dwarf neon rainbowfish, some other sort of tetra/small schooling fish, and 1 (or...
  10. S

The Newest of Newbies

I have only ever had male bettas, but recently I started researching into starting a larger tank. Since I'm in college living in a dorm room, I'm restricted to 10 gallons. I've been looking at Flame Tetras, and I like them a lot. I just know very little about what to do with tanks, what fish do...
  11. Winterose

Time between fish additions?

Hi guys!!! So as stated previously I am restocking my tank. a few of the pet stores I was going to get my fish from are having sales all weekend on al the fish I wanted. My only questions is, how long do I have to wait in-between adding fish and adding more? If I got 6 tetras on Friday...
  12. Winterose

Colorful Center Piece Fish

Hi Guys, I am redoing my 20 gallon High tank, and trying to find a nice centerpiece fish to put in it. Im going to put it with some of the larger sized tetras, its going to be a planted tank when Im done. Looking for ideas on a Colorful centerpiece fish. Any recommendations?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store