filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. R

Marineland filter “leaking” onto lid

Hey guys, I have a Marineland 200 and 350 filter my 75g tank. The 350 works perfectly, but the 200 is leaking water onto the top of the lid. As a temporary solution I sloped the lid so the water flows back into the tank. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or what would you do in this situation?
  2. HugoFish

[DIY] What can i use like biological filter media ?

Hi guys i was wondering what can i use like biological filter media , for my second HOB filter because it has some free space . ONLY DIY THINGS! P.S = Don't say lava rock
  3. M

Penguin biowheel 125 question

So I have the discontinued penguin biowheel 125 on my 29 gallon aquarium. When I used aquadvisor to put in stocking ideas it kept telling me I was 60-70%stocked but that my aquarium filtration was at 80-90 %. I can’t find information on the penguin 125 anywhere. I was given the entire set up as...
  4. Mr. Crayfish the great

Goldfish problem

Hello! I have 2 goldfish in a 30 gallon (I know, too small) tank. They are usually in the outdoors for 6-7 months in a semi-large pond. We have a small, 10 gallon tetra whisper running as the only filtration (besides plants). It was the only filter we had. Surprising, they haven't died yet. But...
  5. E

Penn-Plax Cascade filter not working

Hello, I just bought a new Cascade 1200 Elite canister filter for my turtle tank. I can't get either outtake or intake tubes to work. I've tried multiple different ways but as of right now I filled the canister with water and I'm not sure if the intake won't work because it's already full enough...
  6. S

My first tank

Hello! I'm rather new to full tank setups and thought a site like this would help me learn a lot. That being said can I get some opinions on how I want my first real tank to be set up? It's gonna be kinda long I'm sorry So I have a zebra danio glofish (mtn dew) in a 1.5 gallon right now so that...
  7. chub04

Will Extra Filtration Compensate for an Overstocked Tank?

If you have an overstocked aquarium would adding extra filtration compensate for overstocking? As long as the fish don't seem stressed from overstocking? I have fancy goldfish, dojo loaches and cory cats in my tank. According to aqadvisor.com my 75g stocking level is at 135% and recommends 50%...
  8. apastuszak

Eheim 2215 Questions

I won an eBay auction last night for a 3 week old Ehiem 2215 canister filter. I paid $55 for the thing with local pickup and I got a receipt, so I can even claim the warrranty. Overall a pretty sweet deal. I washed all the media out and set it up on my 44 gallon pentagon tank. As I was...
  9. J

Filter questions

I have a question and I'm guessing it goes here. I just got a 75 gallon tank. 4 feet by18 inches by 18 inches. I also had a new pool pump by Intex. It does 1000 gph. Can I use it?
  10. M

Help with Tank and Neon Tetras please!?

Hi, I could really use your insight! So we are brand new to this and we know we've made some mistakes. We're learning and the number one thing we've learned is don't trust the advice of the people at Petco :/ We've been set up for about 2 weeks. We let the tank cycle without fish for about 5...
  11. 3

Cloudy water and filter change in planted tank

Hello~ I'm new here and fairly new to fish keeping in general and I am concerned about the how my filter is affecting my water quality. I hope you can help me diagnose and solve the issue. To give you a bit of background. I got a 20gal tank last Thanksgiving along with LED lighting, a heater...
  12. L

How to set up bubbles with a stingray 15 filter

Hi, I have a 75 litre tank with a stingray 15 filter (and a small filter that came with the 10 litre b&m tank that we got rid of as soon as we realised how cruel it was (thanks Internet)). So I want to know how I can use this to set up an air pump and get some bubbles for oxygenation and...
  13. E

Help: New 40 Gallon Freshwater Tank

Hey, I'm new to the aquarium world and have grown extremely interested in these things recently. I have a 40-G tank and after a decent amount of research I plan to have it become a Live plant, freshwater aquarium. As a college student, I prefer plants/animals/environments that I can spend less...
  14. apastuszak

Having a very odd Purigen problem with Algae

Ok, 55 gallon freshwater tank with a Fluval 305 Canister Filter on it. In the filter I only use ceramic noodles for bioloigical filtration and purigen. I have 4 bags of Purigen. I have 2 in the filter and 2 on standby. The Purigen has been regenerated 3 times. So, here's the odd issue... I...
  15. S

Sump questions

I got a new tank recently and it came with a sump which I have pretty much no clue about. It seems to be two parts an upright part that connects to the overflow that has two chambers and a drip plate at the bottom then another box that sits like most of the ones I've seen with two chambers so I...
  16. K

HELP! Filter situation in need of a solution

Hello everyone, so back in December of 2014 I was gifted my first fish, a beautiful blue betta. Immediately I went out and purchased Petco's Arc 6.25g fish tank and fell in love with it's setup. Unfortunately, it's time to change the filter catridge as they are no longer doing their job (as...
  17. A

Canister Filter Comparison

I have a 60Gallon tank and the tank stand has about 13" in height for space. I have been looking at the Cascade 700 and the National Geographic CF70. Has anyone used both of these. They're the same price but can't find any real reviews on the CF70... What are your thoughts?
  18. J

HELP!! Lily pipe recommendations for tall tanks.

Ok so I have searched high and low, and cannot for the life of me find lily pipes with the filter inflow longer than 13''. My tank is 22 inches tall, I need my inflow to reach 16-18'' Does no one make a long inflow, surely there are people with deeper tanks who use glass pipes. A point in the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store